Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FS: 03 Dodge R3500 Cummins & fifth wheel
1. 1997 Dutch 27 foot Classic GL series camper. Has one large living room slideout. Sleeps 6, large frig, TV/VCP, fully self-contained. Fiberglass siding. Trailer hitch on rear. Outstanding condition....
1
1

Broken VW Polo
Hi, I'm having a nightmare. I recently bought a 1996 VW Polo 1.0 and it has been losing power since I bought it. It was so bad the other day I had to pull over on the motorway and call the AA. It then...
2
2

Help with Backup Light Switch Electrical Part
I'm in the process of getting my backup/upshift light switch functional so that I can get my backup lights working. When I bought this car last December, the switch was bad, as was the most of the...
10
10

1999 Jetta AC question
My 1999 Jetta TDI (A3 chassis) AC temp control seems out of whack. The operators' manual says rotating the dial clockwise increases the cooling temperature when the AC button is on. On my car, that...
2
2

Problem with Keyless Entry/Alarm Set
Hi There: I've seen a couple entries on this, but none seem to address the issue I'm having directly. I've got a 1999 VM Jetta Wolfsburg Edition which came with its wireless entry system. I'm having a...
2
2

1.8L '86 charging problem
Okay update, with new info. Had the battery replaced, it was bad. The alternator was re tested still good but not it is installed again and the battery is dead and not charging. I get 3.54 volts from...
2
2

Damm A2 doors hard to open
Especially the rear ones. What's the fix?
13
13

Looking for A2 Oil Filter Removal Tips
Is there a trick to removing a used oil filter (after it has been unscrewed), without having to put it on it's side (oil spilling out) and without having to push the power steering hoses out of the...
4
4

WTB: Rabbit Hood Latch & Rear Door Check Strap
I'm looking for the following parts for an 82 Rabbit: a hood latch (the assembly that goes on the hood itself that includes the secondary latch and the lockpin) and a door check strap for the left...

P0420 Error Code 01 Jetta 4Cylinder gas
Getting a Below threshold error code bank1. Car has 91k on it. Curious what this means. Is bank 1 the O2 sensor before or after Cat? Can someone expand on this some for me? How long are Cats supposed...
2
2

weird fuel starvation problem - 1989 Jetta
Hey Guru's I have a 1989 Jetta and I've been having a strange problem. I start the car, it idles fine, although smells a little rich, and drives fine for a few miles. Then, it will slowly decrease...
9
9

How to change headlight, 1999 Beetle?
I have a my driver's side headlight out. I bought a new bulb to replace the burned out one, but am having a tough time figuring out how to change the bulbs. I removed the air cleaner to get to the...
1
1

Firewall Ground Wires
Hello My car is a 1990 VW Jetta with Digifant II ignition. It has three ground wires connected to a bolt on the engine side of the firewall. One of these wires stems from a wiring branch routed above...
1
1

2000 bug iv radio
Vag-com says bad antenna connection poor fm no am. Bass and treble shows E+ and is not adj, what does that mean?

95 Jetta cruise control question
Greetings VW Gurus, Still getting the bugs out of this non-bug........cruise control worked when I got ot a month ago....doesn't work now.....it was suggested I check the fuse, makes sense, 'ceptin...
3
3