Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Windage Tray vs. Oil Pan Restrictor on '94 A3 Jetta
Hey all, I tried searchin through archives around here but couldn't find any good info on this. My Roommate's 1994 2.0L Jetta GL needed an new oil pan gasket. After the PITA of gettin it off we...
3
3

shudder-New Beetle 2002 TDI
VW 2002 TDI automatic shudders going increasingly often on the road. Has 55000 miles on it. Power train warrenty left. This feels to me like a transmission problem; although, TDI club seems to have...
1
1

97 jetta 2.0 Alternator
No trouble lights so far , but the alternator is making a lot of noise (roaring) and i can feel vibration from it. What'ya think the problem is? bearing, brushes?? total replace or what? cost of...
12
12

2003 passat doesnt start
I have a 2003 passat and the battery died so i got a new battery and it still doesnt want to start and also it doesnt have any gas so i put some gas in it and it still doesnt want to start. It turns...

EXPRESS YOUR SELF TO THE WORLD...
Join Free --->

What do you think about 'Citi' cars (re) introduced to the US Market?
As in Lupo/Polo sized VWs or the Yaris by Toyota etc. Not everybody needs a big F150 or SUV, and some are not just going to get a hybrid car, nor deal with (bio)diesel as an alternative. However,...
27
27

anyone see VW's in china, they are made by FAW
Some faw cars look pretty cool and these chery's look nice too i hear that vw and other car manufacturers may have a hard time surviving in 10 years after chinese cars flood the market.. check this...
7
7

91 golf vs parking block
Ok, tonight, i was a total idiot. I thought it'd be smart to pull through and save myself the trouble of backing up... little did i notice that there was a PARKING BLOCK right in front of my car. I...
3
3

1997 Cabrio- reset alarm?
Ohh baby, am I in trouble, now. My wife just bought a 97 Cabrio. It's her new baby. I was entrusted to go pick it up from the dealer and they said they weren't able to get it to program so she could...
4
4

95 Golf 2.0 hot starting/running problems
First post in years - hoping for insight. My 2.0 litre GTI Mk. III is becoming increasingly troublesome when starting from a hot engine in hot weather (which is rather common in Texas, unfortunately)...
7
7

Reverse gear clashes badly 86 Quantum
I am writing for a friend who owns a 1986 Quantum with 5 cylinder and 5 speed manual. Although the transmissions engages all forward gears well (she says that 1st is sometimes slightly reluctant)...
1
1

Blown Head Gasket or bad distributor cap?
So my car is missing, I smell fuel, and there is white smoke coming out when I rev the engine? Any thoughts? Is replacing the head gasket easy for a novice mechanic with the right tools?? My buddy's...
7
7

Rabbit Air Conditioning Basics
I've started some preliminary troubleshooting of the air conditioning on my '84 Rabbit. Unfortunately, my Bentley doesn't really say anything about air conditioning. It appears that the refrigerant in...
15
15

No Low-Beams 82 Rabbit Convertible....
Hi there, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this. Hi-beams work, low beams do not. I just bought the car yesterday and it has had a lot of work done on it --...
13
13

Just got a vintage diesel Golf
Just got a vintage diesel Golf. I have posted answers here before but now a question: My rear plate lights are out. Does anyone know where the harness is connected to the gray and brown taillight...
11
11