Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Power Window Problem 87 Vanagon
'87 Vanagon Camper The passenger side power window won't go down more that 2-3 inches. It doesn't seem to be the switch as it's the same using with the drivers or passengers switches (actually it's a...
2
2

FS : 1987 Cabriolet
In the Montreal region: 1987 red cabriolet with white top and interior. Body in good shape, only surface rust around the door sills. Mecanically solid. Headers, boge turbo gas shocks, new exhaust,...
1
1

Air bag light caused by passanger seat connector?
Just bought a 2000 Bug TDI and the airbag light is on. The previous owner said a connector keeps falling off under the passenger seat. I checked and there are two; one orange "I assume the air bag"...
1
1

Tach and Speedo Not Working - 1993 Jetta
1993 Jetta - both the tach and speedo, clock and mileage indicator suddenly stopped working. However the fuel and temperture indicators are OK. I've given the dash the old Fonzi love tap but nothing....

Doors?
Have a '92 Passat GL - the engine and trans are fine and so is the body (in spite of Minnesota winters...), except for the front doors. My daughter had the car down in Chicago for about 2 years and...
2
2

I Found a New Beetle For Sale
2000 NB GLS with only 49000 miles. Looks real good. Is there anything I should look for? Cecil
2
2

how to remove front headrest, '97 Jetta TDI
howdy, Rear seat headrests just pull right out so that the seat can fold down. I want to remove the front passenger headrest so that I can sit with my buttocks in the back seat and my feet up in the...

87 16V running rough
Have an 87 16V that started running very rough when driving in town. Runs rough at all rpms. Checked wires, plugs, cap and rotor and are all OK. Smells like the fuel to air mixture is very rich. Any...
7
7

1999vw passt v6
after 10 min. of driving oil light comes on at a idle.oil levelok.engine is good no help. thanks.
2
2

gas smell in old rabbit
I get a gas smell in my 82 rabbit pickup whenever I open a window. I get it from the wing windows and the back sliding window as well. I dont get it from the vents. I removed the headliner a long time...
3
3

91 GTI Fuel problem
Hey guys. customer recently brought in a 91 GTI. We thought it was a fuel leak at first but realized quickly that the gas was leaking out of the exhaust flange from INSIDE the exhaust. We pulled the...
10
10

a/c problem on '97 VW Golf
I refilled the refrigerant in May 2004, and the Golf was cold again until July 2005. I took it to a shop, and they topped off a pound of refrigerant and ran the cold a/c for 45 minutes. It blew cold...
3
3

San Jose, CA area VW service?
I hate to take my car (2001 VR6) to the dealer for service - I think it's a huge waste of money. Can anyone recommend an independent shop in the San Jose Bay Area that is good? Thanks Scott
4
4

check engine light
I have a 2000 Jetta that has had the check engine light on since I bought it. I understand this is pretty common with VWs so have just ignored it. Now for the first time it isn't passing inspection...
2
2

When do you decide to get rid of your VW?
I,ve got a real ratty 86 Golf Diesel. Body wise, however I sometimes think I've rebuilt it three times.. But like all A2s , The damn thing wont die. And parts are cheap, because of its age, and living...
6
6