Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

adding factory options aftermarker
Is it possible to add factory options (fog lights, 6 disc changer) after the car (a 2003 Jetta 2.0) has been made/sold? Also, how hard is it to do an engine swap 2.0 to 1.8? Thank you.
1
1

1981 Rabbit Diesel valve cover gasket
Before I change the leaking gasket, is there anything I should know like "Don't use the Felpro gasket, buy the xxx one instead"?
3
3

Jetta 99- Horn problem
For the past few weeks the horn on Jetta 99 gets activated randomly when the steering wheel is move left or right. For now I removed the fuse, but need to solve the problem to pass inspection. I...
1
1

Getta 99 -Horn Problem
For the past few weeks the horn on Getta 99 gets activated randomly when the steering wheel is move left or right. For now I removed the fuse, but need to solve the problem to pass inspection. I...

Older car insurance
A number of folks here own older VW's. Some of us have paid over book value for hard to find ones in very good condition, and then spent even more to restore them mechanically and cosmetically. But,...
15
15

98 Beetle Starter Question
Hi, I was a lurker here for a long time, but faded away as I seemed to not have any real problems with my 98 Beetle,,,,, until now. Sorry if this has been beaten to death, but I'm bombing out on...

Hood Problems: Hood Lock springs not latching
Hi, I'm having problems with my old 88 16v Scirocco hood. The hood isn't locking correctly very easy at all. I noticed the plastic circle around one of the spring mechanisms that helps latch the hood...

Cabrio parts
Just a quick question. My girlfriend wants a cabrio and I was thinking we might switch from a golf and a Toyota pickup to a cabrio and the Toy. Howevere a friend said that the Cabrios have a lot of...
5
5

windows dont work
I have a 1999 jetta and the windows stop working the dome light dont work. and the sunroof dont work either if anyone have any ideas please let me know will apreciate the help. Thanks
6
6

Air con leak 2000 Passat
Cold water is leaking from under the left side of passanger side dash and soaking the carpet. Any simple solutions for this? Tkx WVK
4
4

Golf 1989 Odometer Problem
Hi, I've noticed my odometer has not clicked over from 106027 miles for at least 2 years (I only bought the car a week or so ago). I've seen the various posts on here about taking the speedo apart to...
3
3

Golf 1989 Heating Problem
Hi, I've just bought the above and noticed a weird problem with the heating. When switching on the car from cold, it blows lovely warm air...bliss on these particularly cold nights we are having here...
3
3

Car tuning page is launched
welcome car faNS check my forum and wote for events worth remembering chat and everything else for members is also coming up

87 Vanagan Camper Power Window Problem
The passenger side power window won't go down more that 2-3 inches. It doesn't seem to be the switch as it's the same using with the drivers or passengers switches (actually it's a button for up and...

1995 Jetta 2l Oil Sensors
My son's oil light comes on intermittently as he drives. The oil level is OK and the engine makes 20 PSI oil pressure at idle and regulates the pressure at about 60 PSI above 2500 RPM or so. This...
1
1