Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Start 1992 VW Cabriolet that has not been run in two years
Hi. I just bought a 1992 VW Cabriolet 120K miles. Car has not been started in 18 months. So far I have put in a new battery and changed the oil. What other steps should I take before I try to start...
4
4

Replace '02 Passat radio/casette with what?
I have an early '02 Passat with a "Monsoon" sound system with a cassette player in the dash and controls for a trunk-mounted CD changer, instead of the in-dash single CD player in later production. I...
9
9

Instant Golf Slice Cure
These steps are not some cheap tricks you might find surfing on the internet. The 4 steps and 4 drills that make up "The Dave Way" are designed to be so simple to learn that they will be incorporated...
1
1

In dash cubby hole
2000 passat trying to run wires through the back of the in-dash cubby hole or through the slots that are already on the top that help keep the radio cool? (i guess thats what they're for) In an...

Check engine light P1136!!
Getting a P1136 (Long term fuel trim add. Fuel, bank 1 system too lean) MIL code. This is a 2000 Jetta VR6, everything stock. So far i have changed oil, air filter, checked vacuum hoses and put in a...
1
1

'95 Jetta trans fluid dipstick
Just got this car.....trans slips a tad so wanted to check fluid level.....cannot find the dipstick! Manual shows an illustration of a blue handled stick right under the power steering pump filler...
3
3

window regulator adjustment on cabrio?
Anyone have tips or instructions on how to properly adjust the power window regulator in a 96 Cabrio? I'm having a tough time getting things aligned such that it's tight enough up to the roof without...
1
1

Timing marks on 2.0L automatic 95 Jetta gas
I blew the belt and am in the process of installing new belt on the flywheel mark where is the line on the flywheel supposed to line up? In my instructions it looks to be at the very bottom of the I...
7
7

VW Ad agency does it again!
For the Passat; perfect followup for the ricer-basher... And along the lines of the double-meaning, "Drivers Wanted" which always made me chuckle.. "Lowest Ego Emissions" {of any German car.} Gotta...
2
2

Vdub GOLF MK3 oil pump problems
I have a 95 Golf MK3 4dr, and my oil pressure light comes on after the car has reached operating temp, and has been driven a distance. But if I press the clutch in, speed up, or downshift it stops. I...
2
2

Autotech supercharger
Sitting on the shelf I've got a complete Autotech supercharger setup for the A1 8v... cogged belt, boost gauge, fuel pressure regulator, install guide, etc... I'm wondering if anyone has seen one of...
1
1

1997 VW golf 2.0L auto trans problem
Car has 94K miles. It can be very slow to shift, the rpm can get to be over 4000, and when it does shift the car sometimes has a slight jolt. Other times it will drive fine with no trouble. Took it to...
3
3

EOS, what will it be like?
Anyone seen this car yet? Impressions? cheers, guenter
4
4

VW Mk3 Golf central locking pump staying on
Hi I have a VW Golf GTI 2.0 (MK3 - 96) Problem I have is that the central locking pump in the boot is staying on for hours sometimes all night (you can hear it whirring away) and its draining my...
1
1

Re: 82 rabbit parts car- forgot the location, sorry folks
Hi, Sorry, forgot the location, Been a long day. Located in central New York, near Ithaca Again, sorry, Gary