Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

07 Passat Wagon
Anybody have experience in how much a VW dealer will take over invoice price? Will it likely be a hard bargain on a new model like this? I've purchased a jeep & an Isuzu for $500-600 over invoice in...
2
2

where do I put this relay?
1987 vw Golf/ no AC Just got a fan relay and the parts guy said the diagram for where the relays are plugged in is in the owners manual. It isnt in mine. any help would be appreciated Michael
9
9

OEM VW parts catalogs for sale
I have the following OEM microfiche VW parts catalogs for sale. I also have the OEM VW CD ROM based catalog (ETKA) that the dealer is using. Drop me a line with any interest. Thanks, Joe. VOLKSWAGEN...

95 Jetta Bucks
We got my son a 1995 Jetta III with the 2.0l engine. The price was right (USD 1500 under book value), and we knew going in that it was a bit of a project car. A timing belt, water pump, injector...
7
7

97 Cabrio Ignition Switch
Need advice on how to replace the ignition switch on my daughter's 97 VW Cabrio. I have been reading posts on various web sites about it being easier to pull the entire steering column to get at the...
1
1

I need torques specs and instructions for tightening down a VR6 Head on a 2000 GTI
I need torques specs and instructions for tightening down a VR6 Head on a 2000 GTI
2
2

2003 Passat seat exchange
Does the 2003 passat have the wiring harness to power electric seats if the vehicle has manual seats from the factory? I am looking into replacing my manual cloth seats with power leather seats....
1
1

new Golf and Beetle gauge pods, zero mileage
My company serves the automotive lighting electronics industry. About 5 years ago we got some new gauge pods for a Golf and Beetle to do some measurements, and these have been sitting on a shelf in...

For your viewing pleasure.
1
1

Fuel pump relay?
Does anyone have a schematic or good written explanation of how a VW fuel pump relay works? I understand that it comes on with ignition power, times out, then comes back on when it somehow senses the...
6
6

Legality of a 16V swap...
I have a 1992 Jetta GL that has a blown engine, and a 1987 Jetta GLI 16V that has an awesome engine but a terribly rusty body. I'd like to merge the two and put the '87 16V in the '92 chassis. I'm in...
10
10

Any reccommendations for VW service in Toronto?
I am looking for an inexpensive (but good) non dealership VW friendly repair service in Toronto. I would be open to a home based situation for non hoist work?Any one out there? 8) Michael 1987 VW Golf
2
2

battery draining on its own?
VW Golf 1987 1.8 I went to start up today anf the battery was flat I put a tester on it and the voltage was 2.3 or so?I called CAA (Canadian Triple A) but couldnt work out if it was my fault did I...
4
4

Old Style Passat TDI - Problem areas?
I am thinking about looking for a good old style Passat TDI (not sure what years they were produced-- I think about 96 or 97) but I really don't know much about them. The last VW I owned was a 1977...
5
5

Radio Power Switch/Knob for A3 Golf - Where to Find
Anyone know where I can find a radio power switch (the plastic knob thingy) for an A3 Golf (1996)? VW local dealer says they don't stock it, and he can't get it. Is a junkyard the best source? Thanks.
4
4