Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Transaxle swap
Found an 88 Fox car with 92K miles on it, at junkyard. Minor RH side dent. Rest is pristine. Getting transaxle from it, junkyard personnel are pulling it for me today. Local shop will do the swap....
8
8

OEM VW Volkswagen Parts catalogs for sale
I have the following OEM VW Volkswagen parts catalogs for sale on microfiche. I also have the dealer CD ROM based system that covers all VW models as well. Drop me a line with any interest. Thanks,...

looking for VW specific junkyard in Oklahoma I went to 10 years ago
Howdy, I am looking for a VW specific salvage yard, or really any place I can get cheap used alloy wheels to match one of mine that went out of round from some really cool pointy rocks on a roadtrip....
6
6

For Sale : 1992 GTi (8-valve). OEM sunroof, AC, 130K miles. $2650. Car is in Chapel Hill, NC, USA 27510
The exterior is black, the interior is gray cloth. This car came from the factory with "quad round" headlights and the Fuba roof antenna. The timing belt & tensioner, all "V-belts" ( Continental ),...
1
1

1990 VW Jetta GL fuel tank
Can anyone inform me if the fuel tank on this car has a screen on the outleg leading to the fuel pump or fuel filter? Thank you
4
4

Golf TD fuel cut off solenoid mystery
Hi basically my golf is playing up...its a 96 1.9 TD. yesterday, went out to change a rear shock for the MOT test, and it wouldnt start. i found one of the glowplug connections was loose, so fixed...
2
2

VW Golf/Jetta 1984-1992 and 1993-1998
I,ve question. What mechanical parts are compatable. Between models Jetta/Golf 1984-1992 and Jetta/Golf 1993-1998. I sold a starter to somebody, who has 1994 Jetta and I pulled it out of Jetta 1988....
4
4

Castrol TXT 505.01 Oil???
I have a 2004 TDI, which requires 505.01 oil. I live in a small West Texas town that has no VW dealers. Normally I call the nearest dealer (Abilene) and they will mail me the oil and filter. Well, my...
4
4

Car wash won't pay for damaged Beetle engine splash guards!
I recently took my 2000 Beetle 1.8t to an automatic, conveyor type car wash and it tore out my engine splash guard and damaged the side guards as well. The car wash says that according to the...
12
12

Passat - Premium Gas - Warranty
I don't know about the warranty, but IMHO premium gasoline is rarely ever necessary. I have driven a big 1995 Buick Roadmaster for 130,000 miles with not a drop of anything in it except regular, and...
5
5

1994 jetta diesel no power then quit
If anyone can help. I was driving up a slight incline, when I all of a sudden lost power. I pulled over, and as I was stopping the car died, but before I stopped I popped the clutch and then started...
6
6

03 Jetta Remote Door Lock Fail
Symptoms: 1. Remote key LOCK failed. OPEN and Trunk OPEN work. 2. Door ajar warning light, beep alarm, and dome light stay on for awhile then alarm and dome time out and door ajar warning light...

Was A/C problem on 1987 GTI....fixed now need to know how many cans of 134a to add
Hello all and thanks for the advice. I got the system running and was able to charge it. There is just one thing. I do not know how many cans of 134a to add. I do not have any gauges so I am doing...
3
3

how to test alternator?
I've had the same symptoms in a '87 Scirocco. Turned out the brushes had worn clean out. Earliest symptom was an occasional flicker, which would go away when the engine was revved. Later on, it...
7
7

what causes shaking?
Have you thought about checking your rotors I don't know if you have rotors or drums on front sometimes you can get what is called Heat Checking or some call heat spots that can warp your rotors or...
24
24