Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Anything to cover the messed plastic in 2001 Jetta?
I know the soft-feel plastic peeling off is a known problem and I was wondering if anyone had found something to cover it up. I could cover any dash items with something like this: the door handles,...
2
2

Online resource for side panels that the engine pan attaches to?
I am trying to find a online parts dealer that sells the plastic side panels that the beetle engine belly pan (skid plate) attach to? I can find the belly pan but so far, all the online dealers say...
1
1

Jetta brake fluid turning black ?
I have a 92 jetta automatic 176,00km, I noticed the brake fluid turned black, so I completely replaced the fluid and did the bleeding and after a few days (a week or so) the brake fluid turned black...
6
6

1997 Passat stubles and whines
Hi all, My 97 Passat VR6 is failing me! I have been hearing an increasing loud whine from behind the drivers' side rear tire and now the car is stumbling and acts like its fuel starved. Does this...
10
10

Cold power problems
When i start my 1.9TDi "not PD" there is a power big power loss. When you rev the engine to 3100 Rpm the power drops off. and then seem to limit the power output. But if you turn the engine off and...
1
1

A/C problem on a 1987 Golf GTI 16 valve (need your help Papa)
I am reposting this because I still need help. (Papa, if you are reading this, I posted under two areas on Vortex, but received no real assistance. Once again, I ask for yours.) Hello all. I have a...
4
4

WTB: 205 55 R16 Summer/All-Season Tires (Toronto Area)
Just need at least 4/32 on all four tires so that I can appease VW Credit when I return the car at the end of the lease in May. Maybe you are looking to get better/new tires for your VW - I'll buy...

mk3 golf suspension - spring snapped?
Hi, Driving home today I heard a loud clunking noise. After this the car continued to make a noise but seemed to drive ok (I was nearly home and going about 30). I've had a look and it appears that...
2
2

83 rabbit lower timing belt cover
I am considering replacing the timing belt on this car. I have the upper timing belt cover off but the lower cover looks more challenging. It appears to me that the crank shaft pulley must be taken...
7
7

Brake light problem any suggestions?
I have a VW Golf Tdi 2002. The Brake lights are not working and I have replaced the bulbs but still no joy. Can anyone tell me if there is a fuse for the brake lights or a secret solution to this...
1
1

A/C problem/Question on 1987 Golf GTI
Hello all. I have a 1987 Golf GTI that I just picked up for a song. It Runs great with the exception of the A/C. The compressor does not come on. I removed the R-12 from the sytem and retrofitted the...
3
3

Noisy transaxle (A2 Jetta)
My 1986 Jetta GL is just shy of 300,000 kilometers, and has decided to test my loyalty and commitment by developing a prounced whine that appears to be the final drive. All the usual checks (oil...
5
5

84 Rabbit -- Missing Horn
I've got an 84 Rabbit that I purchased last December. It is completely missing its horn. Unfortunately, Bentley doesn't really show me much regarding the exact mounting of the horn. When I purchased...
12
12

shift linkages/bushings
Hi, my 90 Jetta carat has sloppy shifter and when it's cold it's a little clunky getting into 2nd and 3rd. And when i'm really tired after work sometimes i'm starting to have a little trouble putting...
7
7

anyone looking for a nice '84 Rabbit convertible?
Hi Michigan insurance rates make it necessary for me to unload one of my VW's. I have a near mint condition 1984 Wolfsburg Rabbit covertible with about 114,000 original miles. It is from Virginia and...
1
1