Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Callibrating 95 Golf's Fuel Gauge?
Recently replaced my fuel pump with sender. Prior to the replacement my fuel gauge was pretty spot on - full would be pegged at the top of the gauge and nearly empty would be at the last line in the...
1
1

Car Wash tore out my Beetle's under engine pan. Do I need it?
Was this covered under your warranty or was your dealer just nice?
10
10

Volkswagen automatic transmission safety lock out
Last year I had to pay $570 at Clear Lake Volkswagen to have a small part replaced that keeps me from shifting out of PARK. I felt totally hosed, but what could I do. I was over a barrel. Now the same...
1
1

secondary air injection pump on jettas, 2.0L
Check eng. light was on in a2000 jetta 2.0L,I hooked up the scanner,got code p0411;secondary air injection system incorrect flow and p1255 manufacturer controled fuel and air metereing malfuntion. I...
3
3

Water in your Passat..SOLUTION..
If you have found water (lots of) in your rear footwell on the left hand side of the car then read on. I recently followed the advice in the following link and was amazed at how effective it is....
3
3

new polo gearbox
just bought a new shape 05 polo but the gearbox mounting has broke off on the aluminium gearbox i need to have it welded, my question is will the welding, assuming done by mig or tig, affect the ECU...
1
1

Passat premature rear brake wear and handbrake use?
I just had to have the rear brake pads on my '02 Passat wagon replaced at only 28K miles; the car's almost 5 years old, but I don't get out much :-). I always use the handbrake when I park and I...
7
7

Scratch repair kit?
Hi, I've got a 04 Jetta with a platinum finish. I've had it with all the little nicks and 2 scratches on the front of the car. Is there a good kit you can get that will go with the clear coat? I've...
1
1

reservoir left of battery?? power steering??
What is the small (5" x 2" x 4") rectangular reservoir below and to the left of the battery?? Could it be the power steering res?? Thanks!! daniel 89 Jetta GLi 16V AC PS 5 spd (Wolf)
3
3

Engine Light is 'back' on.... - 03' Passat Wagon
I have a 2003 Passat Wagon. I've had the engine light come on a few times recently. The car just had its 40K $ervice and it was off for a few days. It came back on when we were going on a small road...
5
5

Problem with power steering?
I have a 2000 Passat V6. It steers fine while in motion. When stationary it makes noise when I turn the wheel either direction like it is low on power steering fluid. However, the power steering...
1
1

Failed emissions test
I would appreciate any comments from readers here on this, I wasn't prepared for this and don't know where I stand.... My beloved Golf '96 1.8 Mk III SE - failed on emissions. The cat has been...
8
8

Leaking radiator pinhole in topheader Fox 88
I have a 1988 Fox V.W. I have a pinhole leak in the topheader radiator. Is there anything on the market that repairs this plastic crap???Back in the 1950 periode I worked In a radiator factory in...
9
9

Who says VW doesn't care.
Apparently there's still 266 75-85 Rabbits ,85 to 92 VW golfs, and 80-92 Jettas with faulty replacement brake lines P.N. 171.611.107B on them that refuse to die, left in the World. So after 15 years...

FA: VW MK1 JAMEX SPORTLINE LOWERING KIT!!LOOK
1
1