Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tire Reccomendations for 03' Passat Wagon?
I'm looking for some Tire recommendations for my 03' Passat Wagon. The ones on it were fine, though seems like they only lasted 35K, is that normal? I received a Quote from a local Dealer for the...
3
3

'02 Passat Electrical
Turn signal problems. My wife just called saying that her 02 Passat turn signals click, on dash, about 3 times than stop flashing. Is this a known problem ? Definetly not the fuse. About 2 months ago...
2
2

01 Passat heater blower squeeking
The heater blower in my 5yr old, 65k miles 2001 Passat has started squeaking. It was faint over the last weeks but today was more noticeable. Does anyone know what kind of bearings this part has? ball...
2
2

14" Tire Recommendation?
I am looking for replacement all season tires for my '96 Golf. As usual I don't have the selection I would prefer due to the 195/60/14 size. I am currently running Dunlop A2 but it looks like those...
3
3

Golf Mk4 GTI 1.8t Grinding noise at full right lock
Hi guys, I'm looking at a 2001 Golf Mk4 1.8t GTI as a potential buyer but have concern about grinding noise from Offside / Right side front wheel area. Noise can be heard when steering is near full...
3
3

Update to 01 Cabrio Trans problem - Adaptive Transmission
Thanks to all who responded to earlier inquiry. Its been over two weeks since I posted this problem and I could not get back to the original link to post response on it. If anyone can tell me how to...
1
1

2000 Jetta VR6 muffler noise
I get an increadible noise as the speed increases to freeway speeds. At 80 mph it is deafening. I think it may be the exhaust system, but I am not sure. It does not seem to do this at high revolutions...
2
2

96 Jetta Wiring---??????
96 Jetta GL 2.0 Anyone know what color the wire is that goes from the ignition switch to the dash that runs the gauges? gauges only work when they want to, all the blinkers flash at once when I hit...
1
1

Retro fit Auto trans from 2000 Golf to 1996 Golf (2L)
Hello, I am hoping that someone here may be able to assist me, we have installed a auto trans from a 2000 Golf GL into a 1996 Golf GL (2L) and find that the passenger driveshaft is about 1/2 - 3/4"...
2
2

clicking noise on 99 VW Passat (6 Cyl) - only when clutch engaged
When I make a turn, of any radius, whith the clutch engaged, there is a clicking noise coming from the front of the car. Going straight, there is no sound, and if I disengage the clutch, the noise...
7
7

CD Cassette Error
Our 2000 Jetta's cd player started acting strange yesterday. I keeps showing an error "check cassette" and some sort of "cd error" at times. Any ideas what would be causing this abrupt change? Thanks...
2
2

Online 'Dealer' Parts Source?
I feel like a newbie asking this, but the typical parts places I've used haven't been help. They don't carry what I'm looking for (at least as listed online). I need a fuel line. The 'local' stealer...
4
4

Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ
Hi all, The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ has been updated. The current version is 5.4, dated March 26, 2006 and can be found on Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, tips, manufacturer's...

VW camper 85?? for sale
My name is moony live in Los Angeles asked a lot of qeustions in the past and thanks for the help. My case is this my friend who resides in Thailand for the last 8 years and is a canadian is back in...
1
1

FS: A4 Jetta base carrier bars (Roof rack)
I am selling a VW roof rack fits 1999.5-2005 A4 Jetta. I bought it from the local VW dealer and it was on my car car for about a year. I've since sold the car but I still have the rack. I will sell it...