Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

spark plugs?
HI I have a 90 jetta 1.8.... I just bought it .Has 108K miles. I am a diesel man for years,but I thought I try a gas model. OK.... the question is what is the BEST plug I could use in this engine?...
3
3

What the heck is "DigiJet" ???
I'm familiar with CIS, CIS-E, and Digifant. But my (new to me) '83 waterboxer Vanagon has something called "Digijet". At first glance, it looks similar to what I recall of the Digifant on an '88 Jetta...
6
6

LF: Driver/Passenger Door latch mechanisms 2000 Jetta
Don't want to pay the $150 apiece the dealer wants. History. 3/4 door locks spontaneously stopped working one day. R-R still works normally. Tested driver's door latch signals in-circuit with...

Jetta ECM
About how much does a MkIII Jetta ECU cost? I think mine is causing my crazy on/off CEL and bogging.
1
1

starter problems
I can't seem to get my starter out of my car. I have disconnected and unbolted the starter but the trans-axle and the exhaust is in the way, what can I do?
1
1

1984 Turbo Diesel
HELP!!! I have a 1984 Turbo Diesel, rebuilt turbo and pump and rings done 40k ago. It is using a lot of oil, oil sitting the turbo, oil in the crankcase breather tube, into the intake and its so bad...
12
12

16V DUH! access to spark plugs-
I got carried away spraying degreaser and now the shafts to my spark plugs is overly full of fluid! DUH! I can only think of two ways to get rid of the excess: 1. remove the plug and let the cylinder...
4
4

What's the best lubricant for seat slides ?
The front seats in my Jetta are getting so difficult to move back and forth, I almost want to go buy an electric winch. ;) Taking a closer look, the plastic guides are intact but what little of the...
1
1

Digi pump in CIS-e
I just transplanted my main fuel pump from my 89 1.8l digifant golf into my 86 CIS-E as it was intermittantly dying and refusing to start. Initially this seems to have worked. The part number was...
6
6

alternator current draw
I've been having this problem of my battery being killed and I figured out that my alternator is drawing current when the car is off. It'll basicallly completely kill the battery overnight. I figured...
2
2

HELP - Loose Wire rattling in roof of 2003 GOLF
Got a loose wire or something rattling around up under the headliner on passenger side in back of my 2003 Gofl. What the hell is this? Sounds like wires going to rear lights rattling around in there....
2
2

Reversing onto ramps?
I need to do some exaust work and want to know is it ok to back my car up onto ramps so i can get more clearance to work on the exaust? Or is it a bad/impossible idea?
8
8

A great invention to transmit the right message to Tailgaters !
A great idea to transmit the right message to tailgaters. I wished this useful invention would came with every car. It's positively funny anyways. I think it works with VWs too .. check it out:
12
12

Anybody know the pinout for older Blaupunkt radios ?
Yeah, I know it's somewhat off topic, but I figured I'd ask here, since a lot of VW owners know a thing or two about Blaupunkt. The Radio in question is a Blaupunkt SQR26 "Portland", circa mid '80s....
4
4

Specified Torque for U-Clip nuts on Rabbit Control Arm
Hi everybody, I'm hoping somebody with access to a Bentley can help me here. I've got an '84 Rabbit in which I'm in the finishing stages of changing the right side control arm. All has gone pretty...
4
4