Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

? re checking ATF level, Jetta IV
Hi, I have assumed when checking the ATF level on a 2001 Jetta, 2.0l that the car remains running when it's checked. The ckecking is done by taking out a drain plug and seeing if ATF drips out, which...

mystery repair-Jetta--any ideas?????????
I've been chasing a miss / bad hesitation issue with my engine for months. I've removed and had the injectors professionally cleaned, new plugs installed,-new wires plus dist cap and rotor are on...
7
7

Me and my VWs ...
Anybody here work for VW or a dealer ? Am I crazy or what ? My wife had a 1985 Jetta. The heater core failed in 1989 and VW repaired it out of warranty. 1985 Jetta motor mounts failed, 105k mi,...
5
5

96 jetta/golf header pipe leak aba 2L front exhaust repair question?
Is it possible to repair this header pipe? The metal bellows are leaking. The new replacement part is around $260 bucks.. Has anyone found an reasonable replacement or does anyone repair these? If you...
1
1

Can a worn flywheel be turned down a bit?
Hi, My wife just bought an 89 Cabriolet and the clutch totally worn out. I'm going to pull it apart in the next few days and I'm thinking that the flywheel is probably chewed up too. Does anyone know...
2
2

.Dead remote key battery
I was wondering if there is a known problem with the remote on a 06 Jetta. My wife's went dead about 2 month ago and the dealer replaced under warranty and now it is dead again. My remote battery has...
3
3

Eurovan Master Cylinder Replacement Problems
I have recently gone through several master cylinders on my '92 Eurovan. The original failed in one of the cylinders, giving a long brake pedal. I got a rebuilt unit from Canadian Tire and that is...
1
1

FS: Bentley Manual for Volkswagen, Jetta, Golf, GTI, Cabrio 1993 to 1999
I'm selling my bentey book, its in good condition. $30 + $10 shipping. Americans will have to send money order, canadians can do COD for $4 more.
2
2

Ottawa area 92 Golf for sale for parts
Hey I'm in the Ottawa area (gloucester) and I'd like to sell my 92 Golf for parts. It's got about 300k on it but still runs pretty good, 1.8 5 speed, new rear shocks, fuel pump and filter and a few...
4
4

OEM VW Parts catalogs for sale
I have the following OEM VW parts catalogs for sale on microfiche. I also have some OEM VW parts CD ROMs as well, covering 1948 and up VW models. Drop me a line with any interest. Thanks, Joe....
1
1

Preliminary Order Guide for '07 Golf V
Looks like the Golf MK V will get the 2.5L engine standard and a 6 speed Auto. Tranny. I can't imagine there will be only two colors for the two door though. Details over on the VWvortex. VWoA says...
2
2

Exhaust - improve bad welds before installing new parts?
Hello, I have purchased the cat-back components for my 1995 Passat VR6 - Walker brand. I noticed on the 'suitcase' or center muffler there is a bad quality weld on the outlet pipe. There is a crevass...
3
3

Coolant leak... inside!!!!!
Hi all: I have 96 GTI VR6; I noticed the coolant reservoir low about a week ago. I tried to find out where it's leaking from... nothing under the hood and nothing underneath the car, but the reservoir...
9
9

vw mk2 gti weather stripping
Does anyone know of a place to get aftermarket weatherstripping for my 92 gti?
3
3

How much weight can a '98 GTI roof bear?
I got one of those soft Thule roof bags for a cross country (US) trip, but am disappointed on how the bag does not stand on top of the racks when loaded (the foam inserts hold maybe 10 lbs before...
7
7