Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How do you remove front headrests from a 1996 Jetta?
I'm tearing down the front seats to swap the foam rubber/cloth, as the driver's seat is shot. I don't feel like shopping for replacement seats at this time. I've removed the cloth partially, and I see...
3
3

VW Maintainability
Had 40 years experience of air cooled VW,s , thinking of a getting a Golf/Jetta. Have had very negative comments though oddly enough about reliability and in particular about even simple repairs being...
28
28

2000 Passat Cooling System Diagnostic
Hello Does anyone know what the criteria needs to be to get a diagnostic code of P1296 Malfunction in Cooling System? Does the system give the car x amount of time to reach x temp and if not a P1296?...

2000 Passat V6 Cooling System Diagnostic
Hello Does anyone know what the criteria needs to be to get a diagnostic code of P1296 Malfunction in Cooling System? Does the system give the car x amount of time to reach x temp and if not a P1296?...
1
1

Re: More VW Polo variants in the pipeline
German automaker still has big plans for the small offering. VW already plans to offer the Polo as a five-door hatchback, three-door hatchback and sedan, and now comes word that the company is also...
1
1

98 Golf Electrical issue
For the past couple of weeks, my '98 Golf has had some issues as follows, and it seems to be getting worse. The headlights go off as well as a number of other dash electrics, including wipers, blower...
1
1

Fans
2009 Jetta TDI. Both cooling fans sometime come on when engine is either cold or hot--sometimes at very high speed (fans). Shutting eng. off and on stops them. wrenden
14
14

Want to sell: 1987 Golf GL
Hi everybody, It looks like it may be time to move on from my trusty 1987 Golf GL, and thought just maybe I'd find a buyer out here. The car has nearly 296,000 miles on it. It got me through a few...

Expected Hose Life - VR6 Engine
We are about to embark on a long trip with our 1999 VW Winnie Camper. 62,000 miles excellent condition, brakes and cooling system flushed (with correct replacement antifreeze) when we got it 30 months...
6
6

Harbor Freight Front Wheel Bearing Remover
Hi Anyone use the Harbor Freight Front Wheel bearing remover on a A1, I have a 1984 GTi Rabbit If so is the kit complete as is? Am thinking I will need bolts to screw into the hub to pry it off....
4
4

2000 Passat: Strange behavior of hazard/flasher.
After the turn signal disengages, the clicking noise persists at random intervals. Eventually, after 5 to 10 seconds later, it stops. The lights do not flash, only a clicking noise is heard from the...
1
1

'84 GTI Radio Circuit Help / Diagram?
I recently started popping "radio" fuses on my '84 GTI. There is a short somewere in the line, and I'm having a little trouble finding it. The devices that I can see that are affected by this are: -...

03 Jetta 2.0 check engine error codes
Need some advice on next course of action to resolve the following problem. My 2003 Jetta 2.0 GLS w/117K+ miles, check engine light will not turn off and keep receiving the following error code "6804...
1
1

Repair or replace?
I have a 1996 Jetta GL with 82,000 miles. It is in need of various sorts of repair, mechanical and cosmetic. So I left it with a shop that did pretty nice work on my wife's 2000 New Beetle, they...
11
11

opinions on '99 GTI?
Saw one for sale today for what seemed like a fire sale price. Am thinking about it, it's making me nostalgic for my '02... and eventually I will have to get a car built in the last 20 years......