Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VR6 spark plugs
I'm at 40K miles, it's time to change plugs. Are there any tricks I need to know to get the coil packs off? thanks

mixture adjustment on 83 Rabbit carb
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with my 83 Rabbit L. It has a stock Carter- Weber carb and is running very rich. I recently replaced the needle and seat, which helped for a while, but now the plugs...
1
1

OBD2 check engine code readers and erasers
Some were asking about OBD2 check engine code readers and erasers. This EBAY store has them too and the auctions start at 1 cent !! Good Luck.

97 jetta engine dummping to much gas when i get on it??? help
i have a 67 vw baja bug i just put a 97 2.0 jetta engine in it it works fine at low rpm's but when reved high it seems to dump way to much fule into it i dont have a cule of what the promblem is also...
1
1

Question about motor swap in a 1987 GTI
Hey how hard would it be to put a 16V motor in a 1987 GTI? Would it entail more then just swapping out the brain? thanks, ben
5
5

Replacing Just Ball Joint VS. Entire Lower Control Arm on a Rabbit
I've got some play in the ball joint connected to the passenger side control arm of my '84 Rabbit. I thought about simply replacing the ball joint, but upon closer inspection, I noticed that the edge...
6
6

FS: almost gone! 2003 49 mpg Jetta TDI
item: 4620858304 Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Top brands, low prices & free shipping on many items.

cabrio vs. golf window regulator?
i was wondering if anyone knew the difference between the window regulator for a 97 cabrio and a 97 golf? i can get a golf regulator (w/out motor) for $50. i can't find one for a cabrio for less than...
4
4

How to change a power window switch on a 2000 Beetle?
How hard is it to change a broken driver's side power window switch on a 2000 Beetle? Do you need to take off the door panel?
4
4

Driver's door caught in wind gust. Sagging 1/4 inch.
I was opening the diver's side door of my 1995 Golf. A wind gust from behind took the door handle from my hand and snapped the door open pretty hard. When I close the door, I have to apply upward...
8
8

Warranty concerns
I need to have a towbar fitted to my Touran, which is still in warranty. Is there likely to be a problem with having a non genuine towbar fitted by an independent fitter? I have been told by a VW...
4
4

Golf keeps jerking??
Hi I have a golf 1.4 E and have recently been experiencing problems whereby the car keeps jerking, and there is also strugles to pick up speed. I had it checked out at a local gargae who hooked it up...
3
3

Gear indicator light on dash stuck in drive help
My indicator light in the dash is stuck in drive. My car will not start now. I have a 95 volkswagon golf III 2.0 Automatic tranny. My transmission changes gears fine but unless the indicator light...
2
2

17664: Engine Coolant Temp.Circ Open/Short to B+
Hello, My troublesome 2000 Golf TDI PD (115bhp) has the following DTC: 17664: Engine Coolant Open/Short to B+ Can anyone explain this code in a little more detail? What are the common causes of this...
2
2

97 Jetta Transmission Seal problems
recently my jetta started leaking transmission fluid from where the drivers side drive flange goes into the transmission. I took the halfshaft out and when inspecting it noticed that it was missing a...