Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

New Right Side Rabbit Floor being tossed out..........chicago
Does anyone need one before I toss it out? later, dave (One out of many daves)

Oil change gone bad...
2000 VW Passat 1.8t Got an oil change. Long story short. They drained my transmission fluid rather than the oil. Added oil to the right place, so I drove for about 10 miles with 10 quarts of oil in...
24
24

Fan speed sensor in GTI VR6
Is there supposed to be an o ring or copper washer attached to the sensor that reads and controls the three speed fan that is attached to the radiator? Mine doesn't have one and it appears to be...

Passat estate, suspension upgrade.
Hi I bought a used 99 model Passat 1.8T estate recently. Generally I like the car but when it hits dips on the back roads it seems very soft and it scrapes the road easily, front and back. The dampers...
1
1

2004 Passat and VW complaint
Earlier I posted an inquiry about brake vibration on my 04 Passat with 24,000 miles. Believing that it might be a warranty item I took it to the dealer. The service Rep. told me that the rear rotors...
7
7

2001 Passat TDI - timing belt replacement - what parts do I need?
2001 Passat TDI 1896 CC 58K miles, A timing belt and tensioner change is due. What other parts do I need?? Should I change the water pump or any other parts at the same time?? *** Free account...
7
7

No alternator at first idle - why...
'92 diesel jetta. Lots of times on cold start, the tach stays at zero and the alternator light is on. I looked and the belt is not slipping on the alternator pulley. If I get the revs up to about...
15
15

Cam belt replacement
I am installing on a 93jetta ABA a new cam belt among other parts. Setting the timing marks I discovered the distributor has one of the two alignment pins broken off and the mounting bolt is a...
1
1

my heater on my 87 Jetta.
hi, i have a 1987 vw jetta, last summer i bought my car and about a week after i bought it my fan and my heating stopped working. i fixed my fan it was just a fuse that was fryed. but still my heater...
3
3

Monster mats - aftermarket?
I;m from Toronto, Ontario. I just leased a car yesterday (2006 Jetta 2.5) and forgot to get them to include Monster Mats. My wife reminded me to do so, but I forgot. Anyhow, the salesguy won't throw...
2
2

ABS Warning - 2000 Golf MKIV TDI GT
Hello, I have just spent the weekend changing the rear bump stops and front shock absorbers on my 2000 Golf MKIV TDI GT. After much effort the job is done. One problem I have is that the ABS light is...
6
6

3.8 V6 & VW trans for Dune Buggy available in Cleveland, Oh
I have a strong running Buick 3.8 ltr V6 with adapter plate, Kenedy clutch, Kenedy starter coupled to 1975 Bus transmission available for your Dune buggy project. Also comes with a pair of Hedman...

abs activating on pull away
can anyone help i have a W reg golf 2.0 when pulling away in 1st gear the abs pump activates for a couple of second
4
4

brake fluid cap.
Hi everybody, i have a 1983 rabbit cabriolet and i want to build a pressure bleeder and i need a cap for the brake resevoir. what years of rabbit, golf jetta audi van fit a 1983 resevoir? i found a...
3
3

LEDS for Instrument Cluster and VDOs - New Thread
LEDs are a great way to eliminate the need to be continuously replacing lightbulbs in the gages and instrument panels of automobiles. The reasons are (unlike incandescent filament bulbs), they last...
1
1