Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

VW Jetta 1984-1992 Parts
I've lots of parts for Jetta (Golf) 1984-1992. At Niagara region ON.

97 Jetta Power Locks
Does anyone have a source for the power doorlock vacuum pump? The garage is telling me $420! Even the part number for those of you with ETKA would help me look. (It is located in the trunk, left side...
3
3

02 Sensor Wires CIS-E.....
Puzzled by this one, folks. My S2 16v with CIS-E injection has 02 sensor, but unfortunately all 3 wires are gone. Looked on the firewall and all places underneath- nothing - just a sensor with all 3...
3
3

Superglue oil leak fix
I just read an interesting thread that discussed the use of superglue to fix an oil leak on an airplane. (The trick was to attach a shop vac to a breather so the glue is sucked into the crack.) The...
31
31

Jetta Stalls in wet weather
My son in college has a 1996 4-door Jetta with a 4 cylinder 115 hp engine and an automatic transmission. It has about 113,000 miles. I runs fine around town but on the highway at highway speeds in...
3
3

Myths and fallacies regarding egr and crankcase vent in TDIs that have both
I had removed the intake to replace the clutch on my alternator. Many folks over at the tdi forum go on and on about the clogging of the intake so I looked at mine. I had some crud so I removed it,...
4
4

Frozen speakers [2003 jetta, Monsoon]
My radio has strange symptoms : no bass on one side (left), nothing in the back with the fader in the "all to the rear" positiion. Happens when it is cold (-10C = 5F and colder), both radio and CD....
3
3

2000 Jetta Cigrete Wiring Help
Hi,i took the cigrete plug/ashtray out in the front, but i dont know what wires hold juice, and would someone be able to tell me if its possable to "gettoh rig" it up to another adapter, sorry for any...
2
2

Golf VR6 headgasket....
Hi all, My son is thinking of buying a VR6 (1992/3) with a suspect head gasket, needs to know if this is an engine-out operation. He is trying to sort out a buying price. Rog
2
2

Hot disk brakes - normal?
This afternoon I went for a drive in my '88 Cabriolet convertible, which has disk front brakes and drum rear brakes. Usually I have a CD playing, but this time I had it turned off. As a result I could...
7
7

94 VW Golf clutch plate
Can someone help me please i am in the middle of changing my clutch and did not look to see which way the clutch plate came out can anyone help dose the thik part of the plate with the extra springs...
1
1

New Beetle OBD
Can somebody please tell me where the 16-pin diagnostic socket (for VAG-COM) is on a 2002 New Beetle UK RHD model? Regards Jonathan Morton
4
4

Beetle Spark Plug Change
Can someone help with this, please? The car is a 1.6 New Beetle, 2002 or possibly 2003, engine code BFS. I'm trying to change the spark plugs but access is, to put it no higher, a complete nightmare....

starter problems 90 VW jetta diesel
I have recently replaced my altenator and starter in my Jetta. Everything seemed to be fine upon intial start but after listening closely I noticed a whirring noise coming from my starter. When I shut...
4
4

Replacing Wheel Bearings
I need to replace the front wheel bearings on my '84 Rabbit. Both wheels have some play in them when I wiggle them back and forth, and I hear this high-pitched hum on the passenger side when driving...
9
9