Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Passat Electric fan
I have a 2001 V6 4Motion Passat with 55K miles. Lately the auxillary fan keep blowing the 40A fuse. The fan runs fine at high speed for a few minutes before blowing the fuse. It seems that without the...
1
1

where can I buy crimp tool?
I'm looking for a crimp tool that will do factory-style crimps on the little electrical connectors used on European cars, the ones with two tabs that fold over and crimp over the wire and then two...
5
5

CV front right Drive Shaft question - 86 Golf Diesel
I found two parts. One 90mm the other 100mm. Which one is correct? any ideas. John
3
3

Just purchased a 86 Golf Diesel. I have a oil question and right axle question.
Q: what brand oil do you recommend for this VW. The last owner stated 15/40 for summer and 10/30 or winter. ( I live in Ely, Minnesota -30 nights and days in Jan/Feb). Q: The right side axle needs to...
13
13

88 jetta brake problem
After all the replacement of master, hoses, calipers, pads, vac lines I' ve solved my problem finally. As you all remember me frmm the front brakes locking up and not releasing until I released the...
1
1

Replacing my alternator brushes
I was told by the local battery place last year that the alternator on my '83 Rabbit GTI was not putting out enough juice. I'd been driving it semi-regularly since then (charging the battery with a...
5
5

2007 GLI
More Info about 2007 GLI Click here.

VW GOLF Front Wheel Bearing
Hello, i have a couple of questions about doing the front wheel bearing on my 1989 VW Golf. I havent done a VW before, so wondering if there is anything special i should be aware of? Also wondering if...
3
3

GLI Info
More info on 2007 GlI Click here.

The Volkswagen Ultimatum
Autoblog were well aware of Volkswagen's placement in "The Bourne Ultimatum" thanks to press releases out of Wolfsburg that prepared us for an epic car chase involving a Touareg 2 - When an automaker...
4
4

new tdi owner
Anyone have any tips for me being a new Jetta TDI owner? I am at 23,000 miles right now. I thought I read somewhere that the timing belt can be a big issue...do I just have it changed when maintenance...
3
3

2002 Passat A/C problems
In my 2002 Passat the air conditioner blows cold air and then abruptly blows hot air. After a few minutes it often switches back to cold air. The mechanic serviced the a/c and reported that it is...
5
5

Heater not working
After rear ending someone who's trailer ball punched through my radiatior, I have taken advice from everyone (much appreciated) and my car is now running. There was some confusion as to how to add the...
4
4

91 VW Jetta steel brake lines
My Jetta brake lines have rotted through and leak brake fluid. It is parked until I can replace them all. I found a nice set of rear lines and a new brake proportioning valve (mine was a ball of...
3
3

car wont start timing is off
all marks are lined pops out the exhaust and wont ideas????
3
3