Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Adding coolant
Hey, So I have everything put back together- opted to buy new parts for everything after reading everybody's advice- much appreciated. I am sure this question has been asked many times before, but...
11
11

timing marks from hell/distributor
I have a 1994 vw jetta need help with distributor install where should the rotor be pointing? Building up fuel in the cylinders and blowing out exhaust. All timing marks are where they're supposed 2...
10
10

Testing Fuel Pump Relay?
Is there a way to test the fuel pump relay for the 83 Rabit GTI? They're kinda expensive. The part number is 433 906 059 . Thanks, Fred
11
11

Touareg
Considering buying a 2004, or 2005 Touareg and would like some input from former or present owners. Were you satisfied with your buy and would you recommend it to a friend?
2
2

86 Scirocco 16v won't start
I just picked up an '86 Scirocco 16v. A few weeks ago it would start with a little luck, now it just turns over but won't catch. If I let it sit a day or so it will run for a few seconds on the first...
5
5

WTT: My Sirius for your XM
Hello everyone. I just got my 2007 GLi a few months ago and it came with Sirius satellite radio. I am an XM subscriber however. After a lot of research and talking to the dealer, it appears that the...
6
6

'01 Passat wagon, rear door dummy "lock cylinder housing" wants to fall out.
My GF has an '01 Passat wagon. On the driver's side rear door, what the service manual calls the "lock cylinder housing" wants to fall out. Except that she has keyless entry, so there's no lock...
2
2

Replacing an oxygen sensor
Hi all I have a 1988 VW Cabriolet, and I'm trying to figure out where the oxygen sensor is located so I can replace it...any help would be great appreciated. JJ
3
3

2001 Passat Rattling Noise Behind Dash with A/C Fan on High
We have a new rattling or clicking sound coming from behind the dash when the A/C fan is on. I asked my wife if it made the same noise with the fan on and the A/C off. She said yes, but as I think...
1
1

1987 GTI 16V Won't Stay running
Car wouldn't start. After setting for several days, it started and ran for a minute. Wouldn't start again. Cold start injector sprays fuel when jumped. Any ideas? Wayne Faas
14
14

Intermittent spark on '79 Rabbit
Well, back to the old rabbit. I need to replace the timing belt on my 83 rabbit, so I need to get the 79 Rabbit up and running. Anyway, I was using the Bentley manual to diagnose the problem (no spark...
6
6

accelerator sticky?? 88 Cabriolet
I have a 1988 VW cabriolet. It is a cool ride, it takes a lot of care, seems to be something interesting going on inside it. BUT, this is my question (I checked your faq's - no avail). For some reason...
6
6

lupo 1.0
car runs fine, reliable and easy to work on. two questions for you. has anyone had problems with cold starting on this model. felt like it was flooded but didnt touch the throttle. managed to get it...

battery replacement problems
I have just replaced a dead battery in my 4cyl. 99 Passat , the check engine light is on, and the car idles rough and of course I can't drive it like that! I guess the memory has been erased! and I...
4
4

Jetta A/C (Help!)
Pardon me, I am new to newsgroups, I've tried to research this subject, but have come up with no results. I hope I am not asking the same question that others have asked. So, here is my situation: Got...
7
7