Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

maintenance tips
I just bought an 06 VW Jetta TDI. Never had a diesel before. Besides following its maintenance schedule, what else should I be aware of or make sure gets done on it to prolong its life? Come on all...
3
3

97' jetta TD overheats only at high speeds???
When I drive at higher speeds, the temp. spikes up to 110 and coolant spews out of vent hole in my resevoir. When I turn on the heat and crank the fan, temp goes down. I'm thinking coolant flow...
7
7

1984 GTI Rabbit Ox Sensor Frequency valve and Control Unit Mystery
Hello Note this is long with lots of details but I believe it is important to understand what is going on. I posted a couple of months ago about my 1984 Gti Rabbit. I originally thought that I had...
7
7

Searching for Color Code for my Golf GTD 1988
Hello NG. I just bought a beat up Golf GTD from 1988 (maybe 1989 model) The color is blue metallic. There is no servicebooklet. And the sticker in the back off the trunk is also gone. Can anybody...
1
1

Blown gasket
Ok so took my 1981 vw conv to shop today and guy said that the smell on the oil dipstick was strong meaning fuel strong i knew i had fuel mixing in with oil and he said probly blew a head i said but...
7
7

dave AKA vwdoc1
Thanks. You recommended or implied that I drive my 88 Fox Wagon with more enthusiasm. (stop babying it) The car has stopped the minor smoking at idle. Stopped using oil. Seems more responsive. Was...

Fuel line conncetors
I'm in the middle of a 16v swap and Im going from 8v digifant to a 16v motronic, Since the digifant lines are nothing but hose clamps I need the barbed fitting for the return line and supply line so...
1
1

CD changer wiring... Golf Mk3
I just got a cd changer for my Golf, which I know is compatible with my head unit. When I bought the car, the previous owner said the wires were already fitted for a changer, but without ripping out...
2
2

Fuel Enrichment Switch
I have way to much fuel in the exhaust of my 85 Vanagon. After reading the bentley manual I found it should have a 'fuel enrichment switch' that basically dumps fuel into the system at high rpms. Can...
9
9

1998 Jetta won't start - inhibitor cct?
Hi all - just picked up a 1998 Jetta K2. In getting it ready for an Ontario "safety inspection", I was working on the drivers side power window (unsuccessfully). The Haynes manual listed a fuse 6 as...
4
4

Goodby '87 Vanagon
I say goodby and thanks to you all. I've sold my 87 Vanagon, had it since it was new. It served me well, but is being replaced by a '62 Corvair van I've just restored. The group had been most helpful...
2
2

Fuel Release Button 2001 vw Beetle
My fuel release button is broke on the driver side door, How do I remove it from the assembly on driver side door so I can replace it with a new one. I hope I am explaining it correctly.
3
3

95 jetta differential bearing experience
Has anyone here had to change the differential drive shaft bearings on a 95 jetta? I don't have a parts explosion so I don't know what I'm getting into. Any help is appreciated. Tim
1
1

Recharging AC on 85 Vanagon
Can anyone here tell me how and where to recharge the AC on an 85 Vanagon. The AC unit is in the cabinet above the bed. I've looked in the Bentley manual and it seems to assume 85's did not have AC....
1
1

FS: 1992 Jetta turbo-diesel - Toronto/GTA area
amit at interlog dot com Thanks for looking.