Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What is "D2" regarding 1995 VR6 12V Steel Oil Pan Gasket
Hello, I have searched the web high and low with no answer so far... My Bentley Manual on CD specifies that when I replace the oil pan gasket on this car I should coat the mating surfaces with "D2"....

Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video
270 BHP 2002 Passat W8 Six Speed Top Speed Run 405 BHP Corvette ZO6 This goes to show you the INCREDIBLE superiority of German Engineering over American Engineering when a BONE STOCK Passat W8 has a...
126
126

2000 Polo Engine Management Woe!
My 2000 reg Polo 1 litre is giving me loads of grief with warning lights. It started some time ago with the EPC light coming on and although I had it re-set a couple of times it kept coming back. I...

Oil leak - Scirocco 16V
Just taking some notes here, but I've had a consistent oil leak on my 88 16v Scirocco since purchase over a year ago. It always seems to drip down from the oil pan sealing area, but I've already...
11
11

"Idle adaptation at limit" replace throttle body?
Hi, I have a Mk4 Golf with the 2.0 motor (from Germany, not Mexico). For most of the car's life I've seen an intermittent check engine light that techs (at the dealer and indy) saw is from a faulty...
3
3

Wheel Bearings
I have a 02 VW GTI with 80,000 miles and there is quite a lot of noise while driving. I replaced the tires and unfortunately, the noise has slowly gotten worse. I was told by the dealer the the wheel...
8
8

Slipping Clutch
Over the winter I removed my engine out of my 61 beetle for cosmetic reasons. Upon removal I noticed the throw out bearing was a bit was, it was worn in the center, the hole was kind of ovalled.. I...
2
2

Difference in model numbers
Okay so I know that a Jetta III is the 3rd version of the car. But I have a question I have been looking for tuning and upgrade parts online and a lot of the time it will ask which model they will...
2
2

blower not working, 1998 passat UK
It has climate control, ac system is working (pipe gets cold) but fan does not blow. Climate panel flashes at startup. Any clues? Is this something I can use a VagCom for? Where's the connector? Many...
9
9

'90 Vanagon: Where is the computer located?
Hello to all: I have a 1990 Vanagon with idle problems. Sometimes perfectly stable at 1000rpm but mostly seems to just about stall out and often does... especially when humid or damp. Running on the...
3
3

16v swap into mk2 Gl
Im working on somewhat a sleeper, not race car standards or anything, but recently I picked up a 16v engine, it's the 2l model which apparently has a little more low end growl. Along with the swap I...
16
16

2000 Passat getting weird
Hi, I have a 2000 Passat GLX wagon 2.0 V6. It's been doing weird things lately. Here are some examples: a. The power window buttons sometimes work in the opposite way. That is, I have to press "open"...
4
4

Center muffler on Jetta III has a big hole in it .. The replacment muffler is 100 bucks
Dynomax cat back is around 225 dollars..... Any advise ? How noisy is the Dynomax inside the car? What are the chances of having a clean installation of the center muffler?
2
2

driveshaft and CV joint
I replaced the driveshaft and CV joint on my rabbit today and I noticed some evidence of some poor quality work that was done in the past. The previous owner did not replace the small flywheel cover...
1
1

Water in floorboard
My 99 Jetta, The condensate from the air conditioning is filling up the box where the fan is and leaking into the passengerside floorboard any help would be great. Thanks Todd
4
4