Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2002 Jetta wagon 2ltr manual. does not start right?
usually sits at about 800rpm when in neutral a couple times the engine had trouble starting, then once it did get going it sat at around 2000 rpm for a minute or so.. After that it worked fine doesn't...
1
1

VW valve job/tool
Any recommendation on a tool that I should use to get out bent intake valves from a VW 2L 16V taken out from 91 passat with broken T-belt? Anything else that I would have to replace there except of...
1
1

Propane tank for a Westy
Hi all, I generally lurk here and not post much, but I am in need of a good propane tank for my 82 Westy. Since shipping these things is expensive (and potentially illegal!), I am looking for one, say...
4
4

Need guidance
Ok did't get much response to the question about my 81 volkswagon convertable rabbit's fuel mixing with the oil. Is the engine toast because of it and were should i start. Someone told me oxygen...
2
2

95 Jetta III weirdness
Okay so I have been noticing something weird I don't know if anyone else has had this issue or not. So it seems whenever my Jetta gets right around 1/2 empty it will start acting up on me. It is...
7
7

1971 westy roof
Please help me with attaching my "pop" top I bought the van the top was off any pictures would be verry good Thank you Tim

Damaged SOMETHING with backfiring ...
Well, I finally got my 83 GTI up and running (it needed a new hall sender). But it seems that the numerous backfires have taken their toll. I actually noticed this new problem just after one of the...
45
45

wiring a VW mk2 golf
Hello everyone, I just bought a 1985 golf. The guy who i bought it from, swaped the mk2 dash for a mk3, he left the original mk2 cluster in it. My problem is he either did not hook up the signals or...
4
4

Logic 600 wiring diagram
can anyone help me???? im really wanting to take out the logic 600 alarm/immobiliser from my mk3 golf 1.6. its nothing but trouble and it winds me up. ive found the control unit under the speedo...

98 VW Bug Transmission
My daughters car started overheating so I took it to a garage. They first replaced the thermostat, then the water pump. Now it seems that the car will no go out of 2nd gear. Its an automatic so now I...
7
7

Headgasket going?
Hello Everyone, The car in question is my son's '91 Golf, with the 1.8l Digifant II controlled engine (engine code RV). The car has about 200,000 miles. The car is loosing some coolant, and when...
3
3

Help me take the Jetta seats out
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could direct me in how to take the seats of my 00' Jetta GLS out. We were moving houses and while traveling my kitty got scared and well, now I have got to figure out...
4
4

fuel and oil mixing!!
ok the mechanic told me that my 81 cabriolet or should i say rabbit has fuel in the iol what can be causing that?The mechanic doesnt know how to work on vw's.
1
1

Cylinder numbering /can't see TDC mark on the flywheel
What is the cylinder numbering on VW? I got a passat 91, if I open the hood and face the engine, which one is going to be the first cylinder? Do not laugh, I am just double checking, I am replacing...
3
3

New Scam
I received an e-mail today which appears to be an interesting new scam. Based on the e-mail address they sent the message to, the sender got my address from a post I made on this forum last week. The...
3
3