Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'00 VW Jetta 2.0 Oil change question
Hey everyone, I am new to this group and helped a friend change their oil in a 2000 Jetta with 2.0l 4cyl, auto trans. I have changed oil on all my cars as long as I have been driving. This Jetta had...
8
8

98 Golf Seat Cusion
After nearly 20 years of continuous VW ownership I took a 3 year hiatus because my '88 Golf was worn and the AC had failed at a time when my neighbor had a car with working AC on his lawn for sale....

Passat, 2007 Tire Pressure
Does anyone know what the setpoint is for the "Tire Pressure Too Low" alarm in the new Passat. The dealer could not tell me. Thanks in advance
7
7

new 2008 VW Tiguan SUV
it be available with the new 2.0L TDI 170 hp here in Texas with a 5 spd ? If so, sold ! Lynn
2
2

Beetle running rough
My stepdaughter's beetle, a 1999 with a 2.0, is intermittently missing, then smoothing out, then missing again, whether at idle or highway speed. I'm an old Chevrolet man and know nothing re...
3
3

golf gti 2ltr 8 valve (2000)
hi, my golf has been throaty when i start it and slightly ruf when running. my friend who works for vw put it on the computer and it was ok. when we took the air filter out it was ok at first but...
3
3

Passat Rotors
We take my wife's Passat to the local VW dealership for service, and they claim that whenever they replace the brake pads they have to replace the rotors too (NB: there is no wa-wa-wa to imply any...
4
4

2000 Beetle Oil Pan AEG? Do I have an oil sender???
How can I tell if I have an oil level sender? I have a 2000 Gas Beetle 2.0, aeg. I crushed the pan and need to buy a new one. I bought one with provision for a sender.. do I have a sender? How do I...
5
5

glass removal and installation???
Hi again- Ok- so I am in the process of prepping my 83 rabbit for a fresh coat of paint (first time with such a project) so of course I am running into a few problems. There is rust damage along the...
10
10

1980 rabbit convertable charging problem
I bought this car with an alternator with a broken housing. I changed the alternator yet it still only charges at 12volts. I double grounded the alternator because somebody told me that could fix it....

2002 GTi O2 sensor replacement
Hi there. I have a 2002 GTi 1.8T with 49k miles. About 4 weeks ago my check engine light came on and a diagnostic test revealed that my O2 sensor was bad. I was told that I didn't have to replace it...
2
2

Radiator fan failure
Hi: I have a 01 Jetta 1.8t. The small fan spins but the big one does not. Can I assume that the big fan has failed and replace it or do I need to look deeper. Any help? Thanks, Don Shank
7
7

1985 cabriolet - runs rough, market value?
hi all; i have a few questions about my 1985 vw cabriolet. i've had this car for about five years, i picked it up in florida and drove it back to ohio where i currently live. has about 140k miles, as...
5
5

Weird Problem - 1993 Jetta 5 Speed
When I step on the gas pedal off the start, the tach revs up fast to 4.5k but there's no power/acceleration just the revving of the engine - almost like it's in neutral - clutch?
7
7

overheating
how do i make my temperature light turn off?
8
8