Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Clutch help 00 new beetle
Clutch is gone in 1st and 2nd. It has been especially bad when very hot out. Strange. Any DIY advice on making this repair would be appreciated. Any one? Thanks.
1
1

1989 Cabriolet...a few questions
First off, thanks to those who have helped me in the past regarding my 1989 Cabriolet. It is running pretty well, and is pleasure to drive now that we finally have warm weather here in the northeast!...
8
8

Help. CV joint or bearing. Whomp whomp sound on acceleration.
Hi, Have read posts on CV joints and front wheel bearings symptoms. I'm unsure if I have a bearing or CV joint problem. Symptoms: - on acceleration uphill get a whomp whomp sound from front left...
11
11

Escort Wheels fit A2?
Hi all, I have a 97 Ford Escort wagon coming my way, I believe it has 14" wheels. Will they fit my 13" wheeled 87 Golf GL? I know the GTI's had 14" teardrop wheels but will the ford wheels fit? the...
4
4

No Brake Lights- Problem Solved
I replaced the brake light switch; I guess it's a common problem. The part was about ten bucks and it only took a minute to replace once I figured out how to do it. Does anyone know the location of...
1
1

Seat Covers for 86 Cabriolet
The leather front seats on my '86 Cabriolet (Wolfsburg) are shot. The guy who replaced the top a few years back said he could custom make new covers for about $1K apiece. Too pricey for me. Where can...
2
2

Jetta III 1999 (Cabrio) Stock Alarm question
Hi, I have just run into this problem with my Stock Cabrio alarm/ keyless remote. If I keep the door open for longer then 60 seconds. The Alarm goes off. It seems to have just started up within the...
1
1

any ideas
ok i am purchasing the 81 volkswagon cabriolet and putting a new motor in sites or ideas on cool things i can do to the car or a place were i can find parts and add ons and any cool pics of make and...
3
3

HA HA!! - Rabbit #2 Down!!!
You may remember me from such posts as "Intermittent Spark in 1979 Rabbit", from earlier this week ... Well now my "working" Rabbit - an 83 GTI - is also out of commission. Interestingly, the problem...
12
12

81 cabriolet ran with no water
Ok so i am about to buy a 1981 cabriolet convertable in excellant condition except one thing the lady who owned it ran it hot and it shut off on stated water was coming out of the bottom and she...
27
27

1987 VW Vanagon (Camper), 2.1L Automatic
We have the intermittent starter problem with this Vanagon that we have been told is common to the species. When hot, either after a long hill-climb or on a very hot day, the starter will flat-out not...
1
1

Dead golf - immobiliser?
Weird problem just killed my golf. I have a 1.8GL Automatic Golf on a "P" plate. It has been running okay with no problems yet all of a sudden it will not attempt to start. The symptoms are that when...
6
6

RUSTY shock tower repair
Has anyone ever had sucess welding in a patch panel that included a shock tower on an inner fender of a rabbit? Would it be better to weld in a patch for just the rusted part of the original OR would...
3
3

what front seats will work in my rabbit?
Hi all- Alright I know someone here must know what front seats will work to replace the damaged ones in my 83 rabbit. Are there any specific models and years i should be checking the junk yards for???...
7
7

WTB or Trade for a good 86 CIS-E unit
looking for a good CIS-E unit for an 86 1.8lt. I have alot of A-2 cabrio parts if someone needs something.
7
7