Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

LEAKING GAS TANK SCIROCCO & CABRIOLET
I've met quite a few people who still have this problem. You may not expect this response, but BRING IT TO THE DEALER. Many scirocco's and cab's may suffer from this problem 1987-93, but it is still a...
1
1

89 Cabriolet - What's this plug?
Hi There, My wife has an '89 VW Cabriolet with a manual transmission. Driving it home today, it became hard to find first gear, and you could detect a burning smell. Coolant and oil temp gauges read...
4
4

91 vw golf ecm wanted
I have a '91 vw golf and the ecm has blown. I need a new one and am having trouble finding one. I've checked around online but the price ranges from $30 - $800 for the same part?? It's 037 906 022cs...
2
2

new floor mats for 2001 Passat
where would you recommend getting them? dealer, oem, or aftermarket? any tips are appreciated ... thanks.
10
10

97 Golf-- Rear Lights
I just bought a 1997 VW Golf. I am pleased to own my first Volkswagen, but now I am dealing with those minor tinks that come with used cars. One of which is... Well, I guess it is not minor, since it...
4
4

Re: Air conditioning
We got the message the first time: you're a fscking spammer, and the absolute *last* place to go for information is your precious web site. I promise, I won't go there. Now, will you leave us alone?
11
11

How to refill A/C on '01 Jetta?
Hi, My 2001 model year Jetta has had poor AC for a while now. I assumed it's simply low on the refrigerant, and bought one of the refill kits with gauge. My problem is finding the low-pressure port on...
3
3

Intermittent Spark in 1979 Rabbit
Hello all, I have a 79 Rabbit that suddenly developed an intermittent spark problem a few days ago. I am currently stranded in a nearby parking lot, but I've been able to do a fair amount of testing....
12
12

being dragged kicking and screaming into the (late) 2th century...
I've vowed never to own anything newer than a '95. since I don't care for computers ..on my desk or in my car, but reality is setting in. Vacuum gauges, compression and leak down testers and the oh-so...
6
6

YET ANOTHER VW RECALL
Just in case you didn't get your love letter from VW: EMISSIONS SERVICE ACTION N7 1999-2002 Jetta, Golf and GTI with VR6 Engine Update Electronic Control Module (ECM) Software for Catalytic Converter...

No Brake Lights
Hello, the brake lights on my Golf are not working. I checked the fuse and bulbs. The reverse lights also seem to be out. Any ideas?
1
1

Odd Question - Trying Again
Hey All, I asked this question last week, and perhaps I didn't define it well enough - so I'll try again. If I wanted to build an enclosure in the trunk of my 2000 Jetta GL that would fit snug up to...
6
6

Dealer Props!
Hi everyone We took our 2005 Passat TDI in for 20,000 mile service and the dealer either broke or loosened a lug on the front right wheel. Didn't notice until I added air to the tires about two months...

vanagon transmission lowering
Hi all, I've got an '84 vanagon with what I'm assuming is a bad pilot bearing. I am planning on doing the job myself but I need directions for how to drop just the back end of the transmission to...
2
2

Long style Fuel Injector holder 1984 GTI
Hi Just replaced my fuel injector holders and the orings. On the 1984 and some of the 83s gtis the fuel injector holders are long. A long tube with a round hole in the end for the fuel to come out....
4
4