Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

91 VW golf, different cams now PCV or Idle stabilizer
Hi there, Ive never seen this set up before, I bought a non running 91 vw golf with different cam gears. It was also missing the idle air control valve and the PCV valve was entirely missing. The...
1
1

If my timing belt breaks
I have an 84 Rabbit with the 1.7 liter, carburetor engine. I changed the timing belt at about 80,000 miles and I now have about 145,000. I was just wondering... if it breaks, do I damage the valves?...
7
7

Film pathways
On the back of my instrument cluster is a film that contains pathways. The incandescent backlights use a module to plug into. The module clips to the film via springy metal that clamps over the...

new passat 150hp FSI owner
how would you rate your passat? I think it's a not that expensive, robust, fast and safe

Here's a Brain-Buster for you!
This could possibly be the most obscure question pertaining to this group to-date. Does anyone know what the angle (measured in degrees) of the rear seat- backs is? A ridiculous diagram of the...
11
11

VW Golf Gti M Reg Weird Fault. Uk Model
Hi , I was ondering if any of you guys would know what causes this problem? The Car is an M reg Golf Gti Mk3 2.0 8 Valves, and when I went to start the car, it started, and just died. I have had...
6
6

Re: Useful information about car air conditioners
Ask yourself who was the latest to post that spam.

2007 passat - need better lighting
Hi All, I have just taken delivery of a new 2007 Passat. I could not get the xenon option without waiting 4-6 months. So I took a chance on the regular headlights and they are very dim. has anyone...
10
10

1987 Cabby keeps tossing lower belt! Help!
My sons 1987 Cabriolet keeps losing the lower belt; the one that drives the P.S. pump and water pump. I've checked the alignment of the pulleys, and have swapped out all the pulleys (crank, W.P. and...
3
3

NEW PASSAT BUYER
Hey everyone, I am new to "water-cooled" VW's so standby for some questions concerning my wife's Passat. Probably starting with the oil required, lol.
12
12

removing hall sender from distributor
I have a 1985 vw cabriolet. i am gettng no spark and have traced back the problem to be the hall sender. i got the circlip of and after much looking found the little screw hidden under the rotor. now...
5
5

1994 VW Jetta III cranks and won't start
two weeks ago, on my way from from work, my jetta was losing coolant due to broken hose, got overheated and stalled right after i had parked it. now it will crank but won't start. i first checked oil...
15
15

83 rabbit low oil pressure problem
Hi- Recently I had the oil chacked on my 83 rabbit because the oil light would begin to flicker after about a half hour of driving. He said the pressure was a bit low but it was an older car so that...
8
8

1984 GTI Rabbit Fuel Pressure Problem
Hello I have a 1984 GTi Rabbit. For the past month or so the car is difficult to start after it sits an hour or more. What happens is that the car starts right away and then dies after 5 seconds or...
3
3

'96 Golf shocks/springs
I have a '96 golf 2.0 GTI in need of shocks. I wanted to know if anyone out there has experience on the replacement of springs and shocks for an upgrade in handling with little or no change in ride...
1
1