Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wear pattern on trailer tire
of the folding 4' x8' kit trailers. It had several trips from S. Calif to Salt Lake City loaded to the gills without this kind of wear. Recently, been towing a honda CBR1000, about 475lbs. 3-4...
4
4

82 Rabbit warning lights comming on
have two warning lights comming on one is the oil light, the other is in the middle of the temp gauge. Believe they are both sending unit problems.Want to know which ones they are, where they are, and...
4
4

Are they kidding?
MY son just got a note from Volkswagon. The oil changes are now every 5000 miles or 3 months. This has to be a joke
18
18

Car Battery FAQ
The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ Web pages have been moved. They are located at The latest version is 7.0,dated May 28, 2007. The FAQ is consumer oriented with answers to questions about lead-acid...
2
2

Diff between Jetta GLX and GLI
Okay so i'm looking into the Jettas and I see that there are two differnet models im interested in. I know the GLX is the luxury model with all the bells and whistles, and I know the GLI is the sport...
5
5

2004 Passat Brake light Mystery
I have a 2004 Passat four door sedan with the four cylinder engine. The brake lights (both tail light units and the rear window light) stayed on when I shut the car down tonight and removed the key. I...
3
3

1995 Jetta Rear Brake Conversion
If anyone else cares to try this... My son and I just converted his 1995 Jetta's rear brakes from drum to disk after he blew a rear wheel cylinder seal this afternoon. We had another Jetta with rear...
2
2

Golf Plus 2.0 tdi
Hi, I am just about to buy one of these and wondered if anyone has had any problems with theirs or knows of anything I should look out for. Thanks in advance, ErnieH
1
1

1986 Quantum GL
I have a 1986 Quantum GL Wolfsburg that has ~300,000 miles on it. The automatic transmission failed recently. The engine starts up and runs like a champ and the car is in overall great condition with...
3
3

84 Rabbit fuel pump question
I have an 84 Rabbit with about 145,000 miles on it. I'm concerned about the fuel pump since it's so old. I'd like to replace it but I'm not sure if I have an electrical or mechanical pump. Or if I...
15
15

83 rabbit gas problem
Hi- A little while back I made a post regarding the fact that my 83 rabbit was leaking gas through the filler hose and past the gas cap causing not only dangerous puddles of gas pouring down the side...

1997 Jetta GT - sensor problem? Help!
My 97 Jetta GT is having problems. Backfiring when accellerating or under a load (uphill), lacking power at lower rpms, and while this is happening it makes a sort of putt-putt sound that sounds like...
4
4

1998 VW Passat 2.8V6: Oil Pressure Warning at 1600 RPM
I've researched online and with several mechanics. Everyone is scratching their heads. Can anyone help? I have a 1998 Passat GLX with the 2.8 V6 and a 5-speed trans. It has about 91, 000 miles and has...
7
7

86 Jetta GLI Power Steering Noise
My wife has a 1986 Jetta GLI. The power steering has always made a whining sound when the fluid got low, but I recently replaced a couple of leaking power steering hoses, and now the steering pump...
3
3

99 jetta electrical
My key buttons recently stoped working, now i have to manually unlock and lock everything. We replaced the batt. and check and cleand the fuses, everything started working.. but all of the sudden...
2
2