Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1981 rabbit heater core
I cannot figure out how to exchange the heater core on my 81 diesel pickup w/ac. I took off the two clips from the front of the box, and I was able to pull off the side vent in order to disconnect the...
9
9

FS: 1987 VW FULL WESTIE Vanagon Camper
We are finally severing our ties with this Camper... we have bitten the bullet and gotten a 1999 Winnie (Winnebago Eurovan Conversion) VR6 which has all the bells and whistles such as anti-lock...

Rear hatch lock problem on 2000 Golf
Ok, so, any of you folks had a problem with the electric rear hatch locking mechanism? Key works fine. All other locks work. This is my son's car, 500 miles away. He took out the motor and it works...
4
4

blown head gasket?
What are some symptoms of a blown head gasket, besides white smoke? Is there a way to diagnose the problem without removing the head?
10
10

90' Golf TNA transmission 3 speed
Hi everyone, my transmission slips a bit for 20 -30 sec only when outside is cold and the car sits overnight. otherwise runs just fine ,shifts up ward and down no problems, no grinding noises. when...

'92 GTI 16V What's it worth?
I just retired this car, at about 250k. Original clutch finally went. I'm trying to figure out what it's worth, as is. Kelly claims a value of about $1,100, in fair condition. But I'm not sure if that...
12
12

84 Rabbit
I have an 84 Rabbit 1.7l, carb. It runs fine right now. I've never changed the fuel pump. 145,000 miles. Do I have one fuel pump or two? Should I consider replacement of it (them)? TIA Andy

'81 VW Rabbit Steering Rack Problem
Facts: 1981 rabbit, 1.7L, FI, 4sp, w/a/c, manual steering. Westmoreland PA built. Tie rods OK. For the past 5000 miles or so it appeared that when rounding a curve at 30-40 mph in a right hand turn...
3
3

rabbit hood part, where to find?
I'm looking for the hood pin assembly for a 81 rabbit, the pin/spring assembly. None of the junkyards near me have any rabbits. Anyone know where i can find new or used parts for the hood? Thanks
3
3

Rabbit Idle problem
I just got my 1980 rabbit convertable started. Apperently when i switched the fuse box i foolishly switched the fuel pump relay with the signal lights. Dumb me. But know when it starts it Idle's...
2
2

Golf MK5 Hesitation / Clutch issue?
Hi all, Noticed an intermittent whirling noise when in neutral and idle running on my Golf '04 MK5 TDO 105bhp. There is also sometimes a slight judder when this happens as if the revs were dropping...
4
4

Very Cool Autocross video, same corner, different cars, Porsche, S2000, Prelude
Very Cool Autocross video, same corner, different cars, Porsche, S2000, Prelude Very Cool Autocross video, same corner, different cars, Porsche, S2000, Prelude
1
1

1981 ALTERNATOR PULLEY RABBIT DIESEL PICK UP
I am looking for :"alternator pulley" for a 1981 Rabbit diesel pick up with ac, please help me find a "used" one since the dealer or volkswagon does not make them anymore. PLEASE HELP!!!!
3
3

Jetta Advice Equested for first time VW purchase
I am looking at a 1987 Jetta Deluxe Diesel 2 door that a guy down the street is considering selling. Runs good, looks fair, 1.8L 5 speed, 210,000 miles. A/C does not work, windows won't roll up or...
10
10

85 Cabriolet problems in bumper to bumper...
Hi guys and gals, I have a 1985 Cabriolet that will run all day long down the freeway, but when I get into stop and go traffic, the engine will eventually begin to cut out. Sometimes I can start it up...
2
2