Best Rated threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

82 VW Rabbit headliner replacement
This should not be too difficult, but the previous owner removed all traces of the original headliner and spray painted the cardboard panel that it attaches to. I can see where the front pillars were...
1
1

Help, please... My convertible top has shrunk
It is getting cold and my vinyl convertible roof has shrunk to the point where I can not put it up! I have been unemployed for 1 year and can not afford to buy a new one... Does anyone know any...
7
7

2003 Jetta Wagon - canoe tie downs??
Anyone, I am about to buy a 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI. However I have a problem. I go canoeing in the summer and have 2 "Y" straps for the canoe. Hook on the single end is on the canoe hand rail and the...
6
6

50mph @ 3000rpm (5th gear)?
Well, we've had this 86 GTI for a while, normally my son drives it but today my car was in the shop so I drove it to work. I was @3000rpm in 5th gear doing 50mph on the expressway. Does that sound...
10
10

Tire pressure/winter tire ?? '03 Jetta GLI
I have a question about the tire pressure on my '03 Jetta GLI. I have stock 17" Monte Carlo wheels with the stock Michelins. VW recommends that the tires get something like 29 psi front, and 27 psi...
4
4

2000 AUTO VW POLO stalling problems
Hi~ I've just recently purchased a 2000 automatic transmission VW Polo with about 28,000 miles on the clock. Over the last week or so, it intermittently stalled when I came to a total stop at traffic...
2
2

VW "California" camper van / alternatives?
I have a 1975 camper van and...well...it might be time to let him go. Now, I know the whole vw camper van concept seems to have died with the 1990's, but is it coming back??? I was surfing through the...
4
4

88 vw jetta GLI 16v, the same ol hesitation under load stuff again!!!!
alright guys, im new to this group, im a regular in the vw vortex, gratefuldude11. i do mainly scirocco fun stuff. i am having a problem with my GLI 16v though, tonight. taking a friend somewhere, i...
5
5

what oil viscosity for 2000 Jetta 2.0L?
I am going to change the oil on my friends 2000 Jetta 2.0L. He doesn't have the manual...does anyone know what the recommended viscosity is during winter in the NorthEast? I am guessing 5w30, but...
10
10

Getting out of skid in AWD
Ok, I apoligize that I'm asking about this in the VW news group. But I know you guys are the most critical drivers :-). I own a 99 Passat FWD V6 with Hakkapeliittas Ones. And I love the way this...
15
15

Power steering pump noise- 85 Vanagon camper
I have got t LOT of noise coming from the power steering pump on my camper. The steering doesn't seem really hard, but lots of noise from the pump. I tried tightening the belt as much as I could, but...
3
3

Blinking red temperature light/engine hard to start
I have a 2000 1.8 Turbo VW Beetle. About once a month, the engine will have a hard time turning on. It'll start, and then turn right off unless I give it enough gas then it stays on. After driving for...

TDI: air bubble(s) in fuel line OK or not?
OK, now I am irked at my dealership. I had the 20K service done, and the fuel filter replaced. After getting the car back, I noticed a hesitation or stuttering when first starting the car. After...
4
4

Tiguan power outlets
Just took possesion of a 2009 Tiguan and have found that none of my chargers (Garmin Nuvi, iPhone) work in any of the outlets. Are the outlets disabled by default and need to be activated by the...
6
6

2000 Jetta - misfire code - runs rich and burn a lot of gas
2000 Jetta - 2.0L Basically was running fine, maybe a slight stutter at idle. The check engine light came on - checked the code and it indicated misfire on #4. Once the light is on the engine starts...
10
10

Help! Water collecting inside my 2001 VW New Beetle 1.8T
Help! Water is getting into my car on the driver's side -- I've found standing water behind the driver's seat (floor mat area) and the driver's seat carpet (where the pedals are) is wet. Thing is,...
5
5

Replacing Load reduction relay
Hi, I have a problem that from my research is either: A) A bad ignition switch B) Load reduction relay Since the car is only 3 years old (A Cabrio) I'm pretty sure it's the relay. Plus I figure that...
3
3

How to remove door handle on Fox
Hi, I have a 1989 VW Fox. The drivers side door handle broke and I can't figure out how to remove the whole assembly. I removed one screw from the outside and removed the inside door pannel. I dont...
3
3

No Reverse light on 2001 Jetta
My 2001 Jetta TDI (5 Speed) doesn't have backup light anymore, any likey suspects I should check first? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. James Orlando, FL
4
4

VW Corrado Antenna upgrade
I have a 92 VW corrado with a corroded antenna base. The base is the one with the coaxial antenna cable and the power cord. I purchased the newer VW antenna base that has only the coaxial cable wire...
2
2