Best Rated threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What is this deposit in my exhaust port
The exhaust port on my 1985 Passat has a hard white deposit inside it ( I'd post a pic if I knew how!). I thought it might be water but if it is wouldent there be some evidence of failure of the head...
9
9

'95 Golf GL - door locks
In my new-to-me '95 Golf III GL (has '96 styling... sold in Canada), the automatic door locks are somewhat unreliable. All of the locks are supposed to lock/unlock together when you (un)lock one of...
4
4

97 jetta glx vr6 alarm problems
my car alarm that goes off then u leave the door open and the car is shut off will not go off. when u first start the car it goes off an usually turns off but now its staying on constantly. its the...
1
1

Heater problems
I have a 91 Jetta deisel. I am having problems getting heat inside the car. The engine has plenty of heat but most of what blows inside is cool air. It seems to want to come through all the vent no...
8
8

How to reset adaptive transmission?
I seem to recall that there was some procedure to reset the adaptive transmission on A4/MKIV cars. Something about turning on the ignition and holding the accelerator all the way down for a certain...
5
5

2001 VW Beetle Diesel - Hard Starts
2001 Beetle TDI - 80k miles Question for you all. My Beetle is hard to start once the temperature get down below say 50F. By hard, I have to keep the starter engaged quite a bit long, probably like 10...
10
10

No Reverse - 1985 VW Rabbit Cabriolet
Folks, my reverse just stopped working. Forward 1 - 5 still there; however, can't put the shifter into reverse. Clutch was replaced about 12 months ago. Is there an adjustment? Any ideas?
7
7

86 Scirocco 16v won't start
I just picked up an '86 Scirocco 16v. A few weeks ago it would start with a little luck, now it just turns over but won't catch. If I let it sit a day or so it will run for a few seconds on the first...
5
5

Transmission pan bolt torque 01 Jetta Automatic
Hi, I know I've stripped one hole on the tranny housing that holds the 4 bolts for the transmision pan. Looks like I can drill through to the other side, use a longer bolt and nut. Does anyone know...
3
3

VW to leave US Market
Kind of a sad situation but considering lack of quality of my last 2 VWs (1993 Eurovan, 2000 Passat) and crappy customer service no surprise. Owned my first VW in 1965 "For the first time in some...
5
5

Recharging AC on 85 Vanagon
Can anyone here tell me how and where to recharge the AC on an 85 Vanagon. The AC unit is in the cabinet above the bed. I've looked in the Bentley manual and it seems to assume 85's did not have AC....
1
1

YET ANOTHER VW RECALL
Just in case you didn't get your love letter from VW: EMISSIONS SERVICE ACTION N7 1999-2002 Jetta, Golf and GTI with VR6 Engine Update Electronic Control Module (ECM) Software for Catalytic Converter...

90' Golf TNA transmission 3 speed
Hi everyone, my transmission slips a bit for 20 -30 sec only when outside is cold and the car sits overnight. otherwise runs just fine ,shifts up ward and down no problems, no grinding noises. when...

2002 GTI 337 Overheat
I've encountered my first 'major' problem with the 337. I was driving down the road the other day and my temperature warning light came on and my temperature gauge was almost pegged. I pulled over,...
6
6

Ignition and silicone lubricant spray
I have this "3-in-one Professional" brand silicone spray lubricant. I have not quite figured out, is this a conductor or an insulator of electricity? I know it can be used to protect and coat...
9
9

VW cabrio turn signal bulb access
Where/how can I find a way to get in to change the turn signal bulb on a 1999 VW cabrio convertable?
6
6

VW Golf 1.6 (1999) MK4 Idle Problem..Help!!
My Golf had an Idle problem about 6 months ago, the idle just kept dropping below the idle point and the car would try an catch it but just end up cutting out..it was leake it was having breathing...
7
7

Help me hotwire my Rabbiit
I have an 83 Rabbit GTI which cuts out on me all the time (hot and cold). It is almost certainly an electrical problem, since the tachometer drops like a stone when it cuts off. (I have the fuel pump...
11
11

Timing belt bearing failure on 2000 Beetle 1.8t?
I posted here a couple days ago about my 2000 Beetle 1.8t with 70 k miles puttering like a diesel. I took it to the dealer and they were too booked up to take me until next week but by the sound they...
6
6

air flow meter
I've been told cuz i've changed the air flow meter the ecu needs resetting, is this true ?
8
8