Best Rated threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2000 Passat V6 Power Steering hose - similar experiences?
Hi, I took our car in to the VW dealer to have an oil leak diagnosed - as my local mech recommended, as it could just be a valve cover gasket covered under warranty. I didn't take the time to get...
8
8

Recommended tire pressure for '00 Passat Wagon 1.8T?
The previous owner managed to somehow get the inside of the fuel filler cap smeared with white paint (not visible from the outside) so I cannot read the recommended tire pressures. Low marks to VW for...
14
14

A2 experts, need help, 91 Golf, running issues.
Our 91 Golf seems to be having some issues, especially when wet. The storm system from hurricane isabelle really made its problems come out, and the rain we had today made them even worse. My dad has...
22
22

Wheel size discussion
I would like to talk about some details of wheel sizes and specs on some older VW's. Is there a board or forum anyone could suggest? I want to talk about cross-compatibility of various wheels in a 14"...
6
6

Warped TDI head, how to deal with this?
My limited experience with shops is "We haven't seen a VW head in years." to cracked heads where they pressed in new guides. There may be a good head shop in town but how to find them? (Rex B) wrote:...
6
6

Re: 93 Passat VR6, suddenly won't start, melted evap->intake hose
Do a compression to rule out any mechanical problems. A few months back we had an old VR6 which the owner was no timely on oil changes and the engine was sludge up and the oil pump was partly plugged...
9
9

Road Rage? Check this out
H2Only
1
1

Good VW repair shops in DC area (MD suburbs)?
Can anyone provide recommendations on good places for VW service (whether dealers or independent) in the Maryland suburbs between Washington DC and Baltimore MD? My wife is looking for a new place to...
3
3

mk2 Jetta Roof Rain gutter removal???
Hello, I am a few weeks away from tearing apart my 92 Jetta and re-painting it. However, I have a few rust spots coming through on the c-pillar under the rubber rain gutter that runs along the window...
3
3

P0411 / MAF / Secondary Air Pump / Smog Pump / VW / Passat / 1.8T
ok, i replaced the secondary air pump since the old one was dead (water / ice / etc.) the MAF is clean but I still have error P0411 secondary air injection system incorrect flow. what do you think O2...

Golf GTI Cutting out.....HELP!!
I have a 1997 Mk 3 Golf GTI 1984cc 8v and for about the last 6 months I have been having trouble with it cutting out. At first it was very intermittent but gradually happened more and more often. It...
8
8

1984 Vanagon won't go into second gear...
Actually it was difficult to get into first gear, but now it won't go into second gear. It just grinds...R, 1st 3rd and 4th all work fine, but no luck with second... If I am very careful, I mean VERY...
2
2