Best Rated threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1990 Jetta Idling a little High
I find the car loud, mind you I'm more accustomed to other kinds of cars. I do a lot of highway driving and find that at about 120km/h its reving at about 3500-4000 RPMs. Sitting idle it revs at about...
2
2

98 VW JETTA WON'T START
I have a 98 Jetta, And it will not start. I took it to the shop a couple times and the guy said it was the distributor so he replaced that. It ran fine for a few days then went downhill. Sometimes...
2
2

POLO ring gear flywheel
The 1.9ld polo would not start the other morning so too to garage where the tried a new starter. It now appears the ring gear is done for and can not be replaced without a flywheel too. VW will only...

Beetle Spark Plug Change
Can someone help with this, please? The car is a 1.6 New Beetle, 2002 or possibly 2003, engine code BFS. I'm trying to change the spark plugs but access is, to put it no higher, a complete nightmare....

glow plugs--hard starting 94 jetta diesel
Hi My 94 jetta diesel is hard starting in the morning. I am in Canada and it's usually cold, but lately it has been mild and it is hard starting. It's like it just doesn't ketch to start. It would be...
9
9

95 Diesel Starting trouble - try this one!
I have a 1995 diesel Jetta and I cannot figure out why it does not start well (at all) cold. It does start fine if the block heater is plugged in. I have... 1. tested glow plugs many times (even...
15
15

02 Cabrio Brakes
2002 Cabrio I had front rotors resurfaced and replaced pads. Due to time constraints and nagging wife as assistant, I only bled front brakes> Now brakes are great, but pulsate. They worked fine before...
5
5

Fuel Evaporative control failure on 99 cabrio
What is it when the Fuel evaporative control(er) fails? this is causing the 99 cabrio 2.0 ltr not to pass insapection, it has had a K&N air filter instaled. if anyone has any idea I would be greatful.
6
6

Jetta 80s or 1993 and up. Will engine fit to all?
I have 1996 Jetta turbo diesel. That car engine replacement. Somebody told me, that I can use any engine from VW Jetta or Golf, from 1982-1997.
4
4

Driver's door key lock doesn't work - 97 Golf
The key lock on our 97 Golf (4 door, gas, automatic) quit working recently. Locks all work from the console button, or with the key in the passenger door lock. The red security LED in the driver's...
4
4

93 Eurovan wont start and keeps blowing fuse 15...
It all started about two weeks ago. As I was driving the engined stalled and would not start back up, so I had it towed. The next morning the shop called and said it started right back up, but had to...
2
2

VW Golf 2.0 Litre GTi
Hi There, I am looking for advice. I am sorry to post to 2 groups, I am not really mechanically minded, but i am going to be looking to buy a Golf Gti 2.0 The 2 cars i will be looking at in the next...
18
18

'95 Passat: door won't unlock
the passenger front door won't open, and I'm tired of having people crawl through. The lock button seems to remain about 1/2 up. Using either the key, the lock button, or the central lock system, you...
4
4

After-market Rocker Panels for New Beetle?
A small dent in my wife's 2000 Beetle rocker panel will cost me a fortune to repair. The replacement rocker panel is $50, but by the time the body shop removes front/rear bumpers, 4 fenders, cuts,...
3
3

plug gap for 95 golf 1.8l
Hi ppl.. just got a used golf and want to do a bit of maintenance.. the manual shows bosch fr8ds as proper plug well evrywhere i go they don't know about/have this plug.. they gave me the autolite...
13
13

'85 VW Golf OXS sensor light came on....HELP!
So what does this mean and what should I do? The vehicle is an '85 and has around 152,000 miles on it. thanx
1
1

Low Oil Pressure warning (STOP) ono 2002 1.8L Passat
This warning light completely freaked me out! The message window says low oil pressure in engine STOP ENGINE. Good God ! OK, this is what happened. ANY feedback would be appreciated ! The light came...
7
7

1996 Jetta wiring harness repair possible?
Hi, I've found a 1996 Jetta for sale locally with the asking price of 1,000.00. Sounds great, but there is a problem (isn't there always a problem?) The car hasn't run since a fire under the driver's...
4
4

Scirocco Euro headlights
Can someone give me a reference (web site, phone number, etc.) of a vendor where I can get a set of Euro headlights for an '87 Scirocco? - Bill
7
7

DIY repairs of ABS hydraulic unit coils (TEVES 04)
I have a (B4) 1995 Passat GLX VR6 with the TEVES 04 ABS system. The hydraulic unit has one coil for the RF inlet valve that tests sporadically bad (open circuit or high resistance) Does anyone know if...
2
2