Half a million

For those of you who might be interested, my Golf crossed the historic 500,000 mile mark on December 31st. This milestone is chronicled at:

Todd Seattle,WA '86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 259,000 miles '87 Golf, Polar Silver. (boring work car) 500,000 miles

Reply to
racertod

I knew those cars could make it to 500k, but I am surprised the odometer lasted that long! My odometer needed fixing at 125k.

Reply to
Randolph

The odometer on our old 1991 Golf broke with a mere 65556.8 kms on it (in the summer of 2002 if I recall).... I guess with such low KM's it had to record it just gave up due to boredom ;-).

500,000Miles tho -> 805,000 kms!!! Impressive to say the least, I don't think I'd want to keep my Golf (99.5 TDI) past 200K kms, it's a fine car, but I think i'd need something newer after a while.
Reply to
Rob Guenther

I've found the seats to be perfectly comfortable, even on long drives. Maybe my body type just suits them.

Todd

Reply to
racertod

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Reply to
Peter Parker

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I guess it must be a body type issue. My a1 seats were good, A2 much better, A3 stunk, and A4 seems so-so. The seats in my Eurvan are real nice, but I think that relates more to driver position, which is quite upright, as much as it does to the seat. The A3 seat wore out and needed replacing in a few years, where as the A1 seat is still in decent shape after 25 years and almost 300,000 miles.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Bad