Throttle body tampering help.

Bentley said dont touch it. Last owner did :) Is there a way to set it up? I am diagnosing a hesitation at part throttle... Throttle position sensor checks out fine (resistance varies with pedal) but I am afraid its not centered correctly...

Engine is ADD or 2E engine (not sold in the US) with Digifant and a 3 wire TPS...

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Randolph

at least the stop screw need to move...

you see, in my car the first half inch of throttle travel raise th RPMs a bit and then the computer get them down to idle again, so I think the computer still thinks the throttle is at idle until you move it quite a bit...

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

The stop screw stops the throttle valve from closing completely (well, sort of, the idea is that the throttle lever is supposed to rest against the throttle stop screw rather than the throttle plate resting against the interior walls of the throttle body) so I don't think that is your problem.

I have only worked on CIS-E, never on Digifant, so I don't have much factual knowledge to bring to the table. When you measure the resistance, do you get continuos change from fully closed to fully open throttle, or does the resistance level off before you reach the end of motion (in either end) of the throttle?

There has been discussions in this NG before about having to reset the ECU to make it relearn the throttle position sensor output. Don't know if it applies to your car.

Out of curiosity, what year and model are we talk>

Reply to
Randolph

I tried it... no improvement.

VW Golf GLX 2.0 1996. engine is the same as an ABA but with a strange digifant ecu with a MAP sensor and a TPS sensor for inputs...

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski