1995 S-10 Vortec

Does anyone here know about this early v6 Vortec? Were there any particular problems or faults with these engines, any specific problems to the truck in general? Do you know how they improved on
them, a specific problem, defect, whatever, engine included, in subsequent years?
Thanks
The fuel injector was problematic on the W motors. Main problem was the regulator leaking. Had to replace the on in my 94 W motor, cost about $400 for the parts, including tune-up parts, and spent a day working on the truck.
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:11:07 -0600, "Kirby \"Does it Hurt?\" Black"

Ditto on the fuel injector or central point injector. Replaced mine around 75K with updated unit. Some have had problems with the egr valve plugging. I haven't. There was a computer update to fix the egr. I did have the lower manifold gasket leak, also a fairly common problem. The oil cooler lines tend to develop leaks. I had one line leak. All in all I believe most would say it's a sturdy engine. I'm at 98K and still use 5W-30 oil.

Mine has 207,000 and it runs strong, so hang in there with those oil changes! A Ford explorer tried to pass me today and he couldn't so he gave me the finger. Grandpa here just had to test it, ha ha! I just bought it, felt the kid was honest about it in what he knew, and he said they "boiled the carbon out," of something, said it was a major deal, I can't remember what he told me, and he said all the injectors and lines were just replaced to. I don't know what that configuration is, but he said it cost $600 I believe. I do remember his saying "spider?" relative to that. Its quiet, almost like an old caddy or olds goin down the highway, except for those damn tires slapping the cracks. Man. Forgot to say it was a 4x4. Rides pretty rough on those cracks too, but I'm real happy with it so far. I told him I can hardly imagine that a rig would go that far without at least rings? He was the second owner, and didn't know. Steers just a little funny. I mean it don't feel that tight there. The ball joints might be bad, but I can rock the fronts back and forth hard and can't feel any slop. May be the shocks, they look kinda old, or it may be the idler arm maybe. I'll find out when it warms up a bit.