'90' Blazer with 2.8 engine

Can only drive about 1/2 hour then engine gets hot and runs at about 210, then starts to idle rough, engine starts to knock, then completely stalls out I think it is timing chain or fuel pump

I could use some feedback if you agree or have any other ideas

Reply to
Scotty15851

Bert & Sid

Reply to
David Johnson

sounds like a possible blown head gasket

Reply to
Dick York

2.8s are notorious for bad intakes and head gasket problems. The fuel pump won't cause this problem and the timing chain would just cause it to run like crap all the time.
Reply to
Steve W.

Did you get it fixed?I had the same thing happen,it went from a 1/2 a hr. pretty fast down to wont go over 5 mph.Good thing I was 1/2 mile from home.It was the cat like some one already said.Dumb ass me tore into it checking the whole ignition and fuel systems.Then I rembered the same thing happen to my mom 13 yrs ago,man I was pissed at my self.

Reply to
D-farr