95 gmc 1500 z71 upgrade advice requested

I am looking at doing some upgrades to my truck to get a bit more performance and better fuel mileage. so far I have put on a 2 inch throttle body spacer and a k and n intake system.

Now I am deciding on some headers and muffler. What I want to know is if it would be worth putting on a set of shorty headers or a set of full headers. I am also in need of a new muffler. The cat is also a hollowed out shell right now due to it plugging off. Except for the intake changes above the truck is totally stock.

I am trying to get the best bang for my buck on these upgrades. Any suggestions on other parts that would be nice is also appreciated.

I figure this group is the best place to get some real info as the majority of sales men don't really seem to know much real life info.

Thanks Rob from Canada

Reply to
Rob

I suppose the first thing I'd suggest is to pull that stuff back off. Both items are pretty useless.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

I don't know how useless they are because they seem to give the truck a bit more kick near the higher RPM range, and my fuel mileage has gone up by a few points.

Reply to
Rob

There is no benefit to shorty hedders whatsoever, they are slightly better than stock manifolds. Full length hedders such as Hooker Comp's will serve u well.

2.5" pipe plumbed into your favorite mufflers.

Go here and check out the TBI spacer and throttle body

Then check out this DIY fuel injection computer
I have plans to do all these mods to our Chevy Custom Van w/5.0 litre engine

Reply to
Mad Dog

TBI spacers do work............some work better than others, but the spacer he is using is costing the motor bottom end torque. Same effect as raising the carb on the manifold or using a high-rise intake man., the powerband is shifted higher at the expense of low-end torque.

Reply to
Mad Dog

Thanks for the info

Reply to