Advice for audio upgrade for the 350Z

Hello, I'm ready to order my 350Z. Since I've heard the Bose audio system really sucks, and I'm not found of leather seats, I've decided to go for the baseline model. As I live in France, I will have to wait until Spring 2004 before the baseline model become available. Shame on Nissan France, they only sell the Pack model (full options) in 2003, which is about 3000 Euros more expensive. I still have to choose the color, probably between Chrome Silver and Daytona Blue. Please, give me a hint because I have no opportunity to see the real aspect, since there are no 350Z on the road in Europe for now. Which color look better under the sun, under cloudy sky, when the car has not been washed for a few days...? Which color give a better aspect for the painting, emphasizes the shapes and the curves of the body... ? About the audio system, what should I do if I want a better sound in my Z ? I've read the Clarion head unit is poor quality, and I ready to change it. Is it possible without damaging the interior and keeping it the factory aspect ? If you have picture or web link, I would appreciate. Thanks.

Reply to
invalid unparseable
invalid unparseable
Reply to
invalid unparseable
Reply to
invalid unparseable

I found the factory tweeters to be too harsh and bright after installing my Infinity Kappa's, so I disconnected them....sounds MUCH better now.

Reply to
Rustvold

No, I have a Performance model....just the basic stereo.

Reply to
Rustvold

That sounds like a fantastic system in your Z. How does the Alpine H/U look in the dash? I know that it is an awesome unit, but I wonder how it affects the overall OEM appearance? Does it have amber illumination?

Reply to
KG

doesn't really match the Z. but I know its nice. where is the amp at bro?

dam I have the booze system. I don't know what to do.

dam it.

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Pictures don't really do it justice to be quite honest. It looks really good in person and compliments the interior nicely. Amp? Who needs an amp when your headunit has "V-Drive" @ 60x4? This headunit is so powerful, it requires a constant direct connect 10 gauge wire straight to the battery.

Reply to
Rustvold

Reply to
KINGLIFER