95 tahoe air conditioning

i have a 95 tahoe.the air condtioning compressor does not seem to be engaging.when i push the a/c button the light comes on but no cold air is comming out.i replaced the relay in the fuse box under the hood but did
not help.any help that i could check my self??????
one of two things is wrong no freon or a fuse is blown
Add freon with a colorant to indicate if you have a leak,if you have, replace the part or hose and take it for a refill.

Getus wrote: I just did this in my 95 chevy truck. Its the switch on the condenser where the wires plug in to the left side of the condenser. My shop man did it for me and charged only the price of the part which from NAPA was 20 bucks. easy fix but be careful with the very small gaskets in there they are metal and need to go back on the new switch