Tahoe Air Conditioning - No Electricity to Compressor

My 1998 Tahoe is having an A/C problem. Have determined through using an Ohm meter that neither the high side electrical feed or the low pressure switch is getting any current. I have replaced the A/C Relay Switch and the 10A fuse. Both of those are hot when tested.

The A/C button on the dash lights up when pushed in, however the compressor does not start.

Wanting to rule out an electrical problem before I go and drop a ton of cash to replace the compressor.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Mike (darbyhouse)

Reply to
darbyhouse

I am not sure whether they are switching the ground or B+ on that vehical on the pressure switch. Do any of the legs in it read to ground?

Reply to
SnoMan

"SnoMan" wrote: > [quote:59e54b53fb="darbyhouse"]My 1998 Tahoe is having an A/C > problem. Have determined through using an Ohm meter that > neither the high side electrical feed or the low pressure > switch is getting any current. I have replaced the A/C Relay > Switch and the 10A fuse. Both of those are hot when tested. > > The A/C button on the dash lights up when pushed in, however > the compressor does not start. > > Wanting to rule out an electrical problem before I go and drop > a ton of cash to replace the compressor. > > Any thoughts? > > Many thanks. > > Mike (darbyhouse)[/quote:59e54b53fb] > > I am not sure whether they are switching the ground or B+ on > that vehical on the pressure switch. Do any of the legs in it > read to ground?

Uh....good question. Not sure I understand the B+ part of your response. Ive put the Ohm meter on the plugs for both the pressure switch and high side plug, switched the hot and ground meter testers (cant think of what to call them...ugh) and there was no reading either up or down on the meter reading.

Reply to
darbyhouse

Try shorting out the low pressure cutoff switch (on the receiver/ dryer). If the freon is too low, it won't even let the clutch pull in Frank

Reply to
Frank S.