96 chevy blazer problems

i have a 96 blazer 4x4 with 4.3 v-6 vortec motor. the problem i have is when it is cold it acts like it is flooded and hard to star. when it is at normal operating temp. it will start fine. i have been told that there is a coldstart valve problem. i have talked to diffrent shops and they say that the injectors are in a bank of 6 injectors. i don't know what to do. if it is the bank is it going to cost at least

800 or so to replace. can anyone help me narow this down. this is a great truck and i dont want to junk it. but if i cant fix the problem it is headed to junk yeard. please help any one
Reply to
ltsimicich

You might want to check your engine coolant temp sensor. If the CTS false reads your engine temp as high, it will send commands to the computer to cut back on the fuel trim because it *thinks* (not exactly) that the engine is at or above operating temperature. If you have access to a scanner or a digital voltmeter with a resistance funtion, you should be able to test this easily. If you want to rule out an injector problem, unplug a sensor (ECT for example) and force the computer into limp mode. If your problem goes away, I would test all the sensors that have authority over the fuel system (MAP, ECT, TPS, IAC, etc). I hope this helps? I have seen this exact problem with a failed ECT with the same cold starting symptoms on many vehciles. Good luck. You may also want to take a fuel pressure reading and post the results.

Andrew.

in article snipped-for-privacy@q19g2000prn.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote on 5/24/07 7:39 PM:

Reply to
AWN