98 Blazer universal joint

When I turn my Blazer hard one way or the other there is significant resistance from the front end. The tighter the turn the more resistance. If I accelerate in a straight line and then select neutral
and turn to the right or left the truck will act like the brakes are being applied. Is it likely one or both of the front universal joints that are gone? Have a rough idea of parts and labour for one side? Thanks a lot
PS. This started this morning--a potential buyer came tonight to put a deposit on it but no deal the way it is

Sounds to me like it's in four wheel drive.
Al
Oh man, I feel real dumb right about now. I just went out to try it and sure enough, somehow it had gotten into 4 high. I never even thought to look. Thanks Al. Maybe I can get it sold without putting money into it after all.