98 Blazer universal joint

When I turn my Blazer hard one way or the other there is significant resistance from the front end. The tighter the turn the more resistance. If I accelerate in a straight line and then select neutral and turn to the right or left the truck will act like the brakes are being applied. Is it likely one or both of the front universal joints that are gone? Have a rough idea of parts and labour for one side? Thanks a lot

PS. This started this morning--a potential buyer came tonight to put a deposit on it but no deal the way it is

Reply to
dale

Sounds to me like it's in four wheel drive.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Reply to