Bracket fuel lines '97 Tahoe

Hi,
on my '97 Tahoe is the upper intake fuel connector broken (bad thread) and I have to exchange the inlet fuel line from the filter up to the engine.
Both fuel lines are mounted with a bracket next to the firewall with the transmission-to-engine bolt.
This bolt can be reached with a 14mm wrench but it is impossible to loose it as it was tightend with nearly 50 Nm in the factory. Do you know a trick how to get the fuel line out of the bracket ? Is this bracket below open and can be bend open to get the fuel line out ?
In the Chilton manual they recommed for the transmission exchange to lower the whole unit to make the upper ansmission-to-engine bolts accessable. This sounds to much work for a simple fuel line exchange..
Thanks a lot for a hint,
Oliver
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 22:22:05 -0500, Oliver Ebert wrote:

Got the screw open with a patented hollow socket system from Sears. Just for the case somebody has the same problem..