Drive shaft Question.

I've been told check the fuel filter, but I cannot even get to it without removing the driveshaft to the front end. And I dont have a fuel pressure gauge, plus I have a constant misfire code on cylinder 4 that I cannot get to go away thats what makes me think its the injector. I've replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and ran bottles after bottle of techron through it.

Reply to
Adam Frazier

Shep

I was also referring to the front shaft. On the ZR2 and (I think) the AutoTrac units there is a CV joint on the t-case end of the DS. Not sure if it's a slip-yoke or it's held in with a snap-ring like the CVs for the front axle...

Reply to
Mike Levy

How do you figure that? The front drive shaft on that model is decoupled in 2wd so nothing is gained by removal other than easier oil filter access (as someone mentioned ) and making vehical a bit lighter too from loss of driveshaft weight.

Reply to
SnoMan

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Franko