TBI Fuel pressure testing and installing gauge

I live in area that I would need to order the exact parts needed to check the fuel pressure. I understand you adjust the pressure at the TBI itself. but do you cut the fuel line and install a gauge and at the same time install a secondary fuel filter.

Reply to
cabopeter

TBI Fuel pressure testing and installing gauge Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, May 30, 2005, 5:57pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca I live in area that I would need to order the exact parts needed to check the fuel pressure. I understand you adjust the pressure at the TBI itself. but do you cut the fuel line and install a gauge and at the same time install a secondary fuel filter.

ok well what year make and model is you car/truck? And for a TBI the fuel pressure is regulated by the fuel pressure regulater.Not the throttle body itself..And by NO means cut any lines....Why would you need a secondary fuel filter? What exactly are you trying to do? S Cook

Reply to
Steve Cook

Sorry 1990 chevy PU 5.7, so where is the fuel pressure regulator located, my goal is to test the fuel pressure, from my understanding it should be between 9 to 13 PSI, I think the ideal pressure is 10.5 PSI. lower pressure gives lean mixture and to high pressure will give you a rich mixute. So does it make sense to check this pressure and how do you adjust it. As far as a secondary filter, with my marine experience I have always run a secondary see though filter.

Reply to
cabopeter

Re: TBI Fuel pressure testing and installing gauge Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, May 30, 2005, 7:13pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca Steve Cook wrote: TBI Fuel pressure testing and installing gauge Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, May 30, 2005, 5:57pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca I live in area that I would need to order the exact parts needed to check the fuel pressure. I understand you adjust the pressure at the TBI itself. but do you cut the fuel line and install a gauge and at the same time install a secondary fuel filter. ok well what year make and model is you car/truck? And for a TBI the fuel pressure is regulated by the fuel pressure regulater.Not the throttle body itself..And by NO means cut any lines....Why would you need a secondary fuel filter? What exactly are you trying to do? S Cook Sorry 1990 chevy PU 5.7, so where is the fuel pressure regulator located, my goal is to test the fuel pressure, from my understanding it should be between 9 to 13 PSI, I think the ideal pressure is 10.5 PSI. lower pressure gives lean mixture and to high pressure will give you a rich mixute. So does it make sense to check this pressure and how do you adjust it. As far as a secondary filter, with my marine experience I have always run a secondary see though filter

Ok the fuel pressure regulator is more than likely under your upper intake. The fuel pressure should be between for this engine 42-55 PSI Your right about the lower and raising of the pressure but you cannot adjust if but you can advance and retard the timing...You will eighter Have a service port or you will need to disconnect your fuel filter and use a adaptor which you can connect a pressure gauge too...A Second filter wont help you much if your trying to keep out water...But there is really no need for a second filter...Why is it your worried about your fuel pressure? S Cook

Reply to
Steve Cook

Reply to
Shep

bingo. Finally the RIGHT info.

Reply to
burntkat

Reply to
Elbert

Reply to
cabopeter

Re: TBI Fuel pressure testing and installing gauge Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, May 31, 2005, 6:16pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca Elbert wrote: On Tue, 31 May 2005 12:38:33 -0400, "Shep" wrote: Steve, I believe the TBI on this truck is 10-15 psi and the regulator is in the TB itself. If I remember correctly it is under a small cover plate, it is the spring loaded diaphragm type. "Steve Cook" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3234.bay.webtv.net... Re: TBI Fuel pressure testing and installing gauge Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, May 30, 2005, 7:13pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca Steve Cook wrote: TBI Fuel pressure testing and installing gauge Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, May 30, 2005, 5:57pm (CDT-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca I live in area that I would need to order the exact parts needed to check the fuel pressure. I understand you adjust the pressure at the TBI itself. but do you cut the fuel line and install a gauge and at the same time install a secondary fuel filter. ok well what year make and model is you car/truck? And for a TBI the fuel pressure is regulated by the fuel pressure regulater.Not the throttle body itself..And by NO means cut any lines....Why would you need a secondary fuel filter? What exactly are you trying to do? S Cook Sorry 1990 chevy PU 5.7, so where is the fuel pressure regulator located, my goal is to test the fuel pressure, from my understanding it should be between 9 to 13 PSI, I think the ideal pressure is 10.5 PSI. lower pressure gives lean mixture and to high pressure will give you a rich mixute. So does it make sense to check this pressure and how do you adjust it. As far as a secondary filter, with my marine experience I have always run a secondary see though filter Ok the fuel pressure regulator is more than likely under your upper intake. The fuel pressure should be between for this engine 42-55 PSI Your right about the lower and raising of the pressure but you cannot adjust if but you can advance and retard the timing...You will eighter Have a service port or you will need to disconnect your fuel filter and use a adaptor which you can connect a pressure gauge too...A Second filter wont help you much if your trying to keep out water...But there is really no need for a second filter...Why is it your worried about your fuel pressure? S Cook

Reply to
Steve Cook

Reply to
Elbert

Reply to
cabopeter

Reply to
Shep

Yes and no, the regulators don't come from the factor adjustable. There are a few ways around this, remove the FPR assembly and you will notice the adjusting screw on the bottom has a restrictor that can be removed to give you access to the screw. Or you can waste $50 and buy an adjustable billet aluminum assembly. The easiest way around this problem is to drop in a 1/8" thick lug nut spacer washer between the spring and body. The washer will boost the pressure up 1.5 PSI.

This is a much needed mod if you use a performance chip and a 165* thermostat. The extra pressure isn't a problem and the TBI will be fed what is needed under normal "closed loop" conditions. It's when you hit WOT and you are in "open loop" is where you see and feel the benefits of the extra pressure, just get more air in and you'll be fine.

Rita

Reply to
Rita Ä Berkowitz

Thanks for all your input, has anyone had any hands on experience with this companys products.

cabopeter

Thanks for all your input, has anyone had any hands on experience with this companys products.

cabopeter
Reply to
SnoMan