fuel door security

I have a 99 Silverado with standard (factory) keyless entry and security. I want to wire a simple push switch from my fuel door into the security wiring. Does anyone have a schematic for the security box? It seems like
it would be pretty simple. After the security is set, if someones opens the fuel door, the alarm would activate.
|I have a 99 Silverado with standard (factory) keyless entry and security. I | want to wire a simple push switch from my fuel door into the security | wiring. Does anyone have a schematic for the security box? It seems like | it would be pretty simple. After the security is set, if someones opens the | fuel door, the alarm would activate. | |
First thought yes, but most switches are open type, not sealed. A sure fire hazard. Second thought, A locking gas cap is better. Third, perhaps a magnetic sealed switch?
Cheers