intermittant S10 startup

My truck, a chevy 1987 S -10 V6 w/ fuel injection the past few days has been giving me problems starting.
I put new plugs, wires, PCV valve about a month & 1/2 ago,.
recently the truck at times will turn over like there is no spark or gas. I had someone look in the carborater when I turned it over and he said there was gas?
I pulled the Distributer off cleaned the contacts w/ a file along w/ the rotor. This seeemed to help for about a day and a half so I dont know if this was some type of fluke.
When it does not start I open the hood and take off the air cleaner , this seems to help?
The problem seems to be worse when the engine is warm.
I just drove 12 miles home today, shut it off,... and tried to restart,... no go.
Yesterday I did the same thing and when I tried restarting,.... it started,.... the only difference was I was not on the highway yesterday I took all back roads home?
The engine has 100,000 miles but runs good burns no oil.
When it starts it runs good?
Although every once in a while when leaving parking lot after starting the truck will almost conk out, so I give it a good amount of gas. This does not last too long once I rev the engine a bit.
Thursday I put in a new cap and rotor & the problem went away. Today, rainy Sunday, 3 days later the problem is back. Today I can not as of yet even get it to start
--
http://www.soundclick.com/kevinduggan

http://www.kevsblues.com

You posted the very same message on the 19th. Did you check any of the things suggested to check between then and now? and if you did what were the out comes? No one here can gaze into a crystal ball and tell you the problem is "x", only things to check in order to diagnosis the problem.
Whitelightning
Fuel injected or carb?

In my Haynes manual it says in the troubleshooting section (this is for chrysler cars but should be same thing):
Engine hard to start when hot: 1 air filter clogged 2 fuel not reaching the carb/fuel injection 3 corroded battery connections, especially ground
Engine hard to start when cold: 1 battery low 2 malfunctioning fuel system 3 fuel injectors leaking 4 distributor rotor carbon tracked
Not sure what #4 means, maybe thats a typo and supposed to say cracked but I do know that rain can accentuate problems with distributors.