Japanese Chevy question...

I've heard for some time; Nissan called the Japanese Chevrolet, and since I've had a hard time finding a cheap gas miser (truck), I bought one. Seriously, I didn't buy for that reason, just like 'em. Am also
real curious about the transmission; it's a 5 speed that has a real nice 'feel' to it. Does anyone know if it's an actual Nissan trans, or if it's one of those joint efforts with some other auto maker? It's a '93 4 cylinder standard truck.
For the heck-of-it; any of you guys that have owned a Nissan truck, do you get that "Chevy similarity" from driving one?
Thanks, GC
Greetings,
To the best of my knowledge, Nissan never has had a significant parternship with GM/Chevy, especially on compact trucks, motors and transmissions. On the other hand, GM has (and is) partnered with Isuzu (for compact pickups and the current Duramax diesel engine), Toyota (for compact cars including the current Pontiac Vibe), and Honda (for motors for Saturn SUV's). I'm sure that they've partnered with other manufacturers, but these three are what come immediately to mind.
Cheers - Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan. I took 'er out to town today, and it does pretty good to be the base/cheapest model. But, just what I was looking for; as cheap to maintain as possible. I would have to say; Nissan is about as close to a Chevy as any Japanese maker, so it goes with the Silverado real well.
GC