Suburban dies suddenly

The other day I go to start my 95 Suburban and it is dead as a hammer. I do the customary "open the hood at stare blankly" for a few minutes and then get back in and -bam- it starts up like nothing is wrong. Whilst it was sitting there running I measured the battery voltage at

14.5V. The cables are all tight and clean. In fact the cables are 1 year old. The battery is barely 2 years old. So then I drive off down the road and then it died. It was like I turned off the ignition...no gages, no beeps, nothing. So I get out and once again stare down the engine for a few minutes, get back in and -bam- it starts right up. All of the fuses are OK. Any body have any idea what might be going wrong? Thanks
Reply to
Kris

Bad connection at the starter...?

Reply to
Shades

Or sounds like the Bulkhead connector has a bad contact in it.

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Not with this one because power is feed from a pigtail at battery, not jumpered off of starter. Check all circut connections and connectors and checl for a bad ground too.

SnoMan