Transmision oil collers

I would like some input on installing the aux transmission coller on 2000 GMC Sierra, 4.8 l and 3.73 gears. How big, what type etc, will occasionally pull a small 5th wheel.

Ziggie

Reply to
Ziggie
4.81 AND 3.73 gears???

When it comes to a trans cooler on a GM, figure what your combination will gross fully loaded, and install a trans cooler rated for twice that weight. An auxiliary fan and a bypass thermostat are beneficial add-ons.

Reply to
Shades

Thanks

4.8 litres V8 and 3,73 gear ratio, 4x4 Perhaps "l" looked like "1"

Ziggie

Reply to
Ziggie

Gotcha! My mistake...

Reply to
Shades

Read again - 4.8 l as in liters...

Reply to
Stephen Young

I was already corrected and made note of it!

Reply to
Shades

FWIW, I've been told by two different tranny techs to only go with an LPD(low pressure drop) design of transmission cooler.

Perhaps the resident trans techs on here can expound on this topic?

Snuffy

Reply to
Snuffy Smiff