Used engine year range

I have a 1999 Suburban 1500 with the 5.7L engine. I need to put a used engine in it. Wife drove the old one with no oil for 15 miles. It leaked out of a loose oil cooler line.
Were can I find what year motors will work with vehicle?
Thanks
1996-1999 OBD-II 350 engines.

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:40:13 -0500, "Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote: You could use one out of a 2000 3500 to because they were still old body style. I would stay with a 98 or 99 if possible and relpace the intake manifold seals before you install it in vehicle as they are known to leak with age.

The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com